Thinking about crusing from Cal to Hawaii and need advice

jaw62901

Hi and happy holidays to you all.

Well I am still looking at my cruise options and all of the sudden I was thinking back to how last year at this time I was getting stuff ready for my trip to Honolulu in December of last year.

Anyways, that got me to thinking since I only saw Honolulu last time, why not try and see all of the Islands.

So now I am thinking about taking one of the 14 or 15 days cruises from LA or SD RT for April 2006. I really want to stay away from there rainny season this time.

Can anyone recommend a cruise line that I might enjoy. I will be cruising by myself, and am looking for a very relaxing layed back ship.

Any feedback would be great.

So now I am thinking about taking one of the 14 or 15 days cruises from LA or SD RT for April 2006. I really want to stay away from there rainny season this time.

Can anyone recommend a cruise line that I might enjoy. I will be cruising by myself, and am looking for a very relaxing layed back ship.

Any feedback would be great.

My travel agent mentioned that the QM2 was going to do an 11-day Hawaii run from the West coast, but I don't yet know the schedule. Other options are Princess, HAL, and Celebrity. All have their pros and cons. However, given the number of sea days, pick a ship with lots of space and ammenities, which would make the QM2 a perfect choice.

Did RT San Diego to Hawaii on the HAL Statendam last year in March, and just returned from a RT LA to Hawaii on the Island Princess.

More daytime activities with more variety on Princess. Better food and dining room service on HAL. Room services about the same. Island Princess is bigger and a new beautiful ship, but I missed the HAL Crow's Nest as a great place to sit out of the wind and watch the view. Computer classes and internet access on Princess better (esp. if you are a Platinum member as internet is then free). On the Statendam we had a short day in Kauai (8AM-1PM) but they took us all the way around the island to see the Napali coast and lots of whales in the afternoon. Did not get to see the Napali coast at all on Princess, but had a longer day in Kauai (8AM-5PM).

Celebrity also has trips, but have not been able to get booked with them. Avoid RCCL as they make you get on or off in Ensenada instead of San Diego or LA.

Archived