Cruisewear: Sandals and Socks

Chelly

Wear whatever makes you comfortable
Exactly. I'm one of those who wears socks with sandals but that's because my toes get very cold, even in hot weather. Years ago, I was given the choice of either wearing socks or taking medication; I chose the socks. I never wear shorts so it's not quite as obvious but this is what makes me physically comfortable.

Maybe your son and his friends are just dorks.

(J/k) ;)

That was just nasty.

Actually sandals with socks are a very European look and quite continental. Get with it and broaden your horizons instead of being so judgmental.

I rarely wear socks with sandals when I'm wearing anything but long pants. Tevas and Birkenstocks with dark or printed socks are quite nice with jeans or slacks. This combination can also save on packing another pair of shoes for temp. changes as others have stated.

That was just nasty.

Actually sandals with socks are a very European look and quite continental. Get with it and broaden your horizons instead of being so judgmental.

I rarely wear socks with sandals when I'm wearing anything but long pants. Tevas and Birkenstocks with dark or printed socks are quite nice with jeans or slacks. This combination can also save on packing another pair of shoes for temp. changes as others have stated.

I'll take your word for it;)

For most of us, yes. But for Birkenstock aficionados, no. I guess people who love Birkenstocks want to wear them in warm and cold weather, therefore the socks. That "look" - Birkenstocks and socks - is "in" with the crunchy granola types (as they're called here in the Boston area).

Where I live you can wear most anything, at any age, and no one even turns their head....like Birkenstocks & socks with a Tux. ....Birkenstocks with a cocktail dress... and no one puts a label on them either.

That was just nasty.

I guess you missed this: (J/k) :rolleyes:

That would translate to 'just kidding" and :rolleyes: = 'rolls eyes'

Actually sandals with socks are a very European look and quite continental.

Maybe with dorky Europeans. :rolleyes:

Isn't there someone who posts here who wears Sylvester the Cat slippers with his tux???

That would be Jim and the lovely Ruth. :D

ps I think they are PePe Le Pew slippers that go with the tux

I've long suspected, and recently read something that confirms, that started due to an inability of one of them to be able to wear proper dress shoes. Rather than wear something that didn't go nicely with their clothes, they decided to go for humor.

It has worked. :)

When we're cruising' date=' I put out my DH's clothes as I am up before him and his colour combinations are atrocious! When I see him on deck, he has always added socks to wear with his sandals!!!!!!!!!! Go figure.:D[/quote']

Gotta hide the socks.

I know what you mean about color combinations. I used to threaten my husband that I was going to sew Garanimals tags on his clothes.

I guess you missed this: (J/k) :rolleyes:

That would translate to 'just kidding" and :rolleyes: = 'rolls eyes'

Thanks for pointing out to Travelite that I was just kidding. I can't believe that s/he thought that was a serious comment.

Moreover, I didn't use the rolls eyes :rolleyes: emoticon, I used the wink ;).

That should have made it even more obvious that it was just a joke.

Thanks for pointing out to Travelite that I was just kidding. I can't believe that s/he thought that was a serious comment.

Moreover, I didn't use the rolls eyes :rolleyes: emoticon, I used the wink ;).

That should have made it even more obvious that it was just a joke.

Oops! Now how did I mess up the ;) and :rolleyes: emoticons?!

:D

A woman with socks and sandals - don't think I've ever even noticed. But every time I see a middle-aged man wearing shorts, sandals, and black socks up to the knee, the immediate thought is "Postman on holiday"!:D

Archived