What's this about drink pakages?

Janan

I've heard about the wine package and soda cards...but I remember reading somewhere about cocktail coupons or something like that...could someone help me out with some info?

Andy

I've heard about the wine package and soda cards...but I remember reading somewhere about cocktail coupons or something like that...could someone help me out with some info?

Andy

There is a cocktail package and two beer packages. I can't remember details of the cocktail package but the beer packages were 14 beers, one package of 7 oz draft beer and one was I believe 14 or 16 oz (not sure which) draft beer. DH consider the second one but decided against in case he wanted to try something new. I believe the savings was about $.50 per beer in the end for the large ones.

I hope someone else can answer this more efficiently but I hope this helps a little bit.

There was a cocktail package available on board along with a good wine package.

Sorry don't know the price of the cocktail package. Hopefully someone will remember and post.

Bottled beer package was $38.00 purchased pre-cruise for 14 bottled beer. This included service and worked out to $2.70 per beer. We could choose any bottle including the imported such as Heineken and Sam Adams or the 16 oz metal cans of Bud or Bud light. A very good deal!

I just came across this story on the British Daily Mail website about MSC offering unlimited drink packages...unfortunately it sounds like it only applies to the European cruises :(

Here's the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1162424/Cruise-line-offers-inclusive-drinks-deal.html

Sounds a great idea...wonder why they couldn't offer it on the Caribbean cruises too?

I just came across this story on the British Daily Mail website about MSC offering unlimited drink packages...unfortunately it sounds like it only applies to the European cruises :(

Here's the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1162424/Cruise-line-offers-inclusive-drinks-deal.html

Sounds a great idea...wonder why they couldn't offer it on the Caribbean cruises too?

It would be great if they offered something like this for the Caribbean cruises. It would make planning so much easier. That is why I love all-inclusives.

How can we find out if this is available now or in the near future for Caribbean cruises?

We could talk with Rick Sasso when we meet with him, until then I could have sworn I read about drink coupons here...Belcherwm thanks for the link but the package of which I speak (I guess) just isn't there...

Yes All inclusive would be a good idea, I would even pay more for it!:D

APRIL 4TH ROLL CALL...ROCKS! :D

Andy

I thought an unlimited drink package is a great idea too...that's what I love about the "soda cards" that other cruise lines offer. They were for unlimited drinks for the length of the cruise. MSC offers a coupon book and it is only valid for a certain number of cans of soda or the wine package for a certain number of bottles of wine.

And yes, the soda drink cards for the adults cost a bit more than the kids' cards (I'm talking about on Carnival here) but we didn't mind paying extra for it. And no, we didn't get a full can with the card - but that was okay too. Just an extra trip to the bar. No biggie.

We had the drink package on Costa last year. About $100 for drinks during meals. Of course lunched lasted a long time at the buffet next to the pool. Wasn't hard to stretch it out to cover most of the day. Was very similar to what was in the MSC.UK article. Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll see something like this on Orchestra real soon.

It would be great if they offered something like this for the Caribbean cruises. It would make planning so much easier. That is why I love all-inclusives.

How can we find out if this is available now or in the near future for Caribbean cruises?

MSC must be feeling the pressure in Europe from all that increased capacity of Royal Caribbean's Spanish and French subsidiaries Pullmantur and CDF (think Sovereign, Empress, and Zenith and in the near future Monarch and Majesty) These ships are true all-inclusives with all drinks alcoholic and non-alcoholic included in the initial cruise pricing.

Maybe, if we are real lucky competition will get so intense here in North America that they'll have to consider it here.

Archived