May 1 Repositioning Cruise from San Diego

tylerduo59

We did this cruise a few years ago and had a great time. Spend an extra day in SD and in Vancouver to add two more ports and days to your vacation and it will be close to a normal 7 day cruise but alot less expensive. Go for it.

We just signed up for this cruise. It will be our 4th doing this cruise (3 different ships). It is very relaxing. All cabins have flat screen tv's and dvd players and i bring all the movies my DH is too busy to watch. (He usually just goes to sleep, so we see the same movies over and over :-) My DH works 80 hours a week and we take this so he can get away from phone, work and the crazy life.

It depends. How far are you traveling to join the ship? If it's far at all, it won't be worth it, IMO, unless you have some serious time pre- or post-cruise to vacation. The coastals make great getaways if you're fairly close. When we lived in Las Vegas, we did two of them. Easy to get to and from.

You will taste the cruise experience, but such a short cruise doesn't allow the "flow" to develop to its full potential for maximum enjoyment.

Really depends on the individual. A similar 4 day repo in the reverse order back in 2005 was my first cruise in over 11 years and my first trip on HAL and I LOVED it. Some will consider the trip too short but I found it a rather relaxing experience where I literally let all the troubles of the everyday world fall behind. I didn't even care that we had fog every single day that October. When we docked in San Diego I didn't ever want to get off the ship.

I combined it with a pre and post cruise visit at both ends to make it a longer holiday but it can also work out perfectly for anyone really into short getaways too.

David

We have done this cruise the other way, Vancouver-San Diego, and loved it. We like to book these short repositioning cruises as a "fill-in" between longer cruises. That way it doesn't seem quite as long between cruises, and makes a nice little short get-away. ;)

Archived