Dinning Question

pbo258

We are traveling with another couple. They booked through a T/A and we booked through Celebrity. Who can we contact to ensure we are at the same table at dinner? We tryed to call Celebrity and also the T/A of the other couple and they are all saying they can not get into each of the reservation. Any help before we sail in April or do we need to wait until we board?

If the TA and/or X will not link the reservations for you, you maybe out of luck. We tried to link to another reservation and it was not possible. Our TA had to do it for us.

You can always see the Maitre'D as soon as you board and he will fix it so you are seated together. Good luck!

I did manage to link reservations made with two different travel agents, but I am not sure if it occurred because I called my TA or celebrity. One of them made it happen.

Also, just because reservations are linked doesn't mean that you will be assigned the same table. It should, but we went on a celebrity cruise a couple of years ago and four reservations were made with the same agent and linked...and we were all assigned to separate tables.

No matter what happens before the cruise, check immediately when you get on board the cruise to make sure.

To the OP bear in mind that most of the ships will be adding anytime seating as an option by various dates per ship in April. So you may be able to avail yourself of that.

I was away for a week, when did this happen. I was on NCL and anytime seating is not anytime...

We had this scenario as well, it's no prob...as soon as you get on board and get settled, go to the MDR and talk with the Maitre'd...he will link your reservations together to eat every night...When you booked through diff TA's I don't believe you can do it beforehand...someone else may know...have fun!!:)

We had this scenario as well, it's no prob...as soon as you get on board and get settled, go to the MDR and talk with the Maitre'd...he will link your reservations together to eat every night...When you booked through diff TA's I don't believe you can do it beforehand...someone else may know...have fun!!:)

You are better off getting the bookings cross referenced now than bothering the Maitre 'D on the ship. I can't see any reason why either their TA or a call by you to Celebrity can't get this done. They simply have to cross reference the bookings and only one of them has to do it - either you or your friend.

What was the reason they both gave for not being able to do it? have done this many times for clients with a simple phone call.

We travelled with another couple, and each couple booked with a separate travel agent. I called Captain's Club and gave both of our booking numbers. We were seated together in the dining room as we requested. I forget if we checked in our rooms after boarding to compare if our table numbers were the same, but we must have since we didn't have to bother going to the maitre d' about anything.

I was away for a week, when did this happen. I was on NCL and anytime seating is not anytime...

I have not heard a WORD about anytime seating being introduced on Celebrity.

To the OP... it is VERY easy to get your reservations linked. We have done this with many people on many cruises and have even linked friends in Canada and the UK. All you have to do is get their booking number and contact your TA.... and they should get your booking number and contact Celebrity. This is very easy. I would not chance it and wait until you board. Call up and talk to the dining coordinator. I have put together many big tables and have never had a mess up. (I know I may be lucky, but it is easy to get done if everyone covers their bases)

Archived