Coral March 9 - 23 skipped Cartagena??

2Oregonians

Coral went through the Panama Canal Wednesday, and the next scheduled stop was to be Cartagena. However, today (Thursday) the Bridge Cam clearly shows they are in the middle of the ocean and it says "From Panama Canal, en route to Aruba". Anyone know why they skipped Cartagena?

Coral went through the Panama Canal Wednesday, and the next scheduled stop was to be Cartagena. However, today (Thursday) the Bridge Cam clearly shows they are in the middle of the ocean and it says "From Panama Canal, en route to Aruba". Anyone know why they skipped Cartagena?

I saw that too and sometimes I have noticed that the description on the web cam is in error too. I am just going to wait and see what happens.

Marilyn

I saw that too and sometimes I have noticed that the description on the web cam is in error too. I am just going to wait and see what happens.

Marilyn

Yes I agree the description is sometimes wrong, but the fact that they are out to sea at almost noon when they were supposed to be in Cartagena from 8:30 to 2:00 and Aruba on Friday, adds up to them skipping Cartagena. My Alaska cruise ended up skipping Victoria. Living in the Northwest, I had been there a few times, but I was still disappointed. My parents are on this Coral canal cruise and though they've been to Cartagena a few times, I'm sure they were disappointed too. But what can ya do? Nothing!

Yes I agree the description is sometimes wrong, but the fact that they are out to sea at almost noon when they were supposed to be in Cartagena from 8:30 to 2:00 and Aruba on Friday, adds up to them skipping Cartagena. My Alaska cruise ended up skipping Victoria. Living in the Northwest, I had been there a few times, but I was still disappointed. My parents are on this Coral canal cruise and though they've been to Cartagena a few times, I'm sure they were disappointed too. But what can ya do? Nothing!

I know that there really is nothing that we can do. We just do not know the circumstances but I bet your parents are still having a good time. We are doing the full transit next month so I have been watching the web cam too. This will be our 2nd full transit but first time to Cartagena but if something happens that we do not go well as we both said not a darn thing we can do about it.

Marilyn

I know that there really is nothing that we can do. We just do not know the circumstances but I bet your parents are still having a good time. We are doing the full transit next month so I have been watching the web cam too. This will be our 2nd full transit but first time to Cartagena but if something happens that we do not go well as we both said not a darn thing we can do about it.

Marilyn

Hopefully, you will not miss it. I think that Cartegena is the most interesting port on the Canal cruises (aside from the Canal itself).

Hopefully, you will not miss it. I think that Cartegena is the most interesting port on the Canal cruises (aside from the Canal itself).

Yes, you're absolutely right. Oh well. It's the chance you take and like we said above, not a thing you can do about it!

Ah! Thank you so much for finding that!! It does indeed answer the question. I feel so out of touch with Mom & Dad. They have free internet but aren't real comfortable with computers. They've sent me email before from a cruise, but the fact that they haven't this time tells me that they forgot to bring my email address along with them!! :rolleyes:

Well wishes to those getting on the Coral March 23rd. Hope it doesn't effect your cruise.

All is well. I heard from my parents this morning from Aruba. The problem was fixed. For missing Cartagena, they each received $100 in their account. Not bad.

I am sure glad you heard from your parents and everything is fixed. Boy $100.00 is a nice surprise. Again thanks for posting this as I will be on the Coral next month.

Marilyn

All is well. I heard from my parents this morning from Aruba. The problem was fixed. For missing Cartagena, they each received $100 in their account. Not bad.

Thanks for posting this. We are sailing on this ship next month.

DavidnSteph

Having just come off this port I wanted to add my 2 cents.

I think Princess did a great job overall with the fact of this missing port. The $100 in addition to the returned port fees (per person) was a very nice surprise. Of course this did not satisfy a lot of people. there was a big angry line for a while on that morning at the purser desk.

Now, I really wish they had still gone to Cartagena late and then just skipped Aruba altogether, but I am guessing it was easier to rearrange tour schedules in Aruba than in Cartagena. When the captain first announced that we would be missing Cartegena, we were also told that Aruba could be shortened if the problem was not fixed.

Anyway, my partner was very pleased with the extra day at sea. I just felt sorry for the cruise staff who had that day scheduled as their off day, but then were forced to work because it was a sea day. Of course the staff who were off on Aruba day ended up with a longer day off.

Archived