Insignia Cabin Choices & Comp. Air

jschutz

Since you do live in a Gateway City, the only additional cost for you would be the deviation fee to get preferred flights or to arrive at the departure port early or to extend your vacation. Your TA should be able to get you a comparison between the cost of the included air and the cost of booking the air portion on your own.

Don

Oceania has the right to charge DIFFERENCE in air fare between what they get at special bulk rate vs, itinerary that you request.

For example, my flight on Lufthansa from Calgary to Frankfurt, apart from the non-gateway add-on, cost me $200 extra. When I asked for a later flight same day on same route but on Air Canada, they said it would cost more.

There may be a price to pay for choosing the shortest duration route.

If you're still saying that after your B2B's in Europe, I'm going to change my cologne ;).

If I can't say it then, I'll have to start wearing cologne...funny story about that. My Mother-in-law was not a kind lady. She didn't like me much. I never realized how little, however, until one Christmas when she gave me a bottle of after-shave lotion. I have worn a full beard for over 40 years...

Oceania has the right to charge DIFFERENCE in air fare between what they get at special bulk rate vs, itinerary that you request.

For example, my flight on Lufthansa from Calgary to Frankfurt, apart from the non-gateway add-on, cost me $200 extra. When I asked for a later flight same day on same route but on Air Canada, they said it would cost more.

There may be a price to pay for choosing the shortest duration route.

While I would have preferred to not pay the $150 (2x75) deviation fee, I was very happy with the arrangements. For us there was no extra for air fare difference between what they would have booked for me and what I wanted. I am pretty sure it would have been the same flight just three days later. What I appreciate was that before the deviation fee is paid I could make the deviation request, receive the quote and then decide if you want to take it. If I do accept then they charge the deviation fee otherwise not. I thought that was very fair considering the fee is for the work to cost out a new schedule and that work is done whether you accept or not.

Archived