Insignia Cabin Choices & Comp. Air

jschutz

Contemplating a first time Med trip on the Insignia. We always get a veranda cabin - and have done Concierge Class on Celebrity - but I get the feeling from this forum that there is little or no space or amenity difference between a regular veranda and a concierge class veranda - also what is the difference between the three concierge classes (A1-2-3)? I suspect the cabin location. Also - am considering the included air - any stories (good or bad) on their air? Any Oceania regulars that can assist with these questions?

Cabin differences in A1 to A3 is indeed Location the A1's are mid ship most stable

I will let other address the air question ..we take the air credit & either drive to the port ot book our own air

Lyn

As stated by LHT28, the only difference is the location. We have always booked A1, midships, where the motion of the ocean is less noticeable.

As well, we have always used the included air because we do not live in an Oceania Gateway City. By paying the supplemental fee plus a deviation to get the flights and dates that we wanted, we have been pleased with the arrangements Oceania has made for us.

Since you do live in a Gateway City, the only additional cost for you would be the deviation fee to get preferred flights or to arrive at the departure port early or to extend your vacation. Your TA should be able to get you a comparison between the cost of the included air and the cost of booking the air portion on your own.

Don

We live in San Diego and are close to LAX so the included air would not be a problem - except for the "economy/coach" part of it. How about the Concierge Class distinction? Is it worth an extra $500 or so for the CC? Just what do you get for it?

We live in San Diego and are close to LAX so the included air would not be a problem - except for the "economy/coach" part of it. How about the Concierge Class distinction? Is it worth an extra $500 or so for the CC? Just what do you get for it?

All you get is the option to make two reservations each in Polo and Toscana vs. only one each, a refrigerator in the cabin, a bottle of champagne, a DVD player and the right to embark earlier.

All you get is the option to make two reservations each in Polo and Toscana vs. only one each, a refrigerator in the cabin, a bottle of champagne, a DVD player and the right to embark earlier.

Every cabin has the DVD player

CC http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=8b4f2f31-dc14-468e-a469-4dbbe78a37a8&StateroomUID=1456a057-8085-4f88-b40c-704ae1d9c8e2&ShipConfigUID=3b169a9d-0d7c-45b3-8a60-054010d40b67

You also get a tote bag to keep

Cashmere blanket to use while onboard

Different toiletries than the other Cabin Cat B-G

shoeshine

garment pressing

Depends on if it is worth it to you we prefer the C1 cabins works just fine for us

Lyn

The Concierge Class Amenities -vs- what you get in a standard verandah are always shifting and changing.

For example, all of the cabins (not just suites and concierge class) now feature DVD players, and they have expanded the DVD library to accomodate the additional demand.

In Concierge the bathroom soaps and lotions are upgraded, there are cashmere lap blankets on the Veranda, you get an Oceania shoulder bag, and they will shine your shoes and press a few items gratis if you request it.

You are correct that the Concierge cabins are not larger.

All that being said, unless you get off on having the Concierge Class key card (I believe that Concierge are Blue, the Suites are gold and Standards are white) most people will not get $500 worth of goods or services out of taking a Concierge room. It is more about location and status.

Now the Suites are a different story. They are fantastic.

If you can swing it, book a suite! :D

The Concierge Class Amenities -vs- what you get in a standard verandah are always shifting and changing.

For example, all of the cabins (not just suites and concierge class) now feature DVD players, and they have expanded the DVD library to accomodate the additional demand.

In Concierge the bathroom soaps and lotions are upgraded, there are cashmere lap blankets on the Veranda, you get an Oceania shoulder bag, and they will shine your shoes and press a few items gratis if you request it.

You are correct that the Concierge cabins are not larger.

All that being said, unless you get off on having the Concierge Class key card (I believe that Concierge are Blue, the Suites are gold and Standards are white) most people will not get $500 worth of goods or services out of taking a Concierge room. It is more about location and status.

Now the Suites are a different story. They are fantastic.

If you can swing it, book a suite! :D

Does everybody get at least one reservation for the specialty restaurants, including inside cabins? My sister and BIL have booked a B1 and their kids will be in a G. How many guaranteed reservations will they be allowed?

Jo-Ann

From what I have read, key cards for PH and up are gold, A1, 2 and 3 are silver, and B and below are white (we were in steerage white card, but it was fine).

In the Renaissance days, cabins on decks 7 and 6 were identical, but deck 7 cost a little more and got 3 nights included hotel, whie deck 6 got only 2 nights. The low fares and direct sales without travel agents had their own benefits, but that model did not work and Renaissance went under after the 9-11 tragedy.

jerseygirl3: Category B and under all have one sitting per specialty restaurant guaranteed.

Does everybody get at least one reservation for the specialty restaurants, including inside cabins? My sister and BIL have booked a B1 and their kids will be in a G. How many guaranteed reservations will they be allowed?

Jo-Ann

You can always go to the stand in the TERRACE in the morning and ask if any space available that evening ..they will fit you in if they can so you can get more reservations if space is there

Lyn

Thanks for the responses. One other question. Since we've booked a cabin and my sister has two cabins booked, that's a combination of 3 guaranteed reservations for the specialty restaurants. Can we combine our reservations? In other words, can my sister include DH and me in one of her reservations and we include her and her children in ours? I'm thinking if between us we have 3 guaranteed reservations, we can book 3 nights for 6 pax? (2 pax in each of 3 cabins?).

Thanks for everyone's assistance!

Jo-Ann

As I understand it, the reservation request must include all guests and their cabins that will be at the seating. The reservation counts against each guest's allowance. If you request a reservation for a table for (6) and each couple is allowed one reservation, then the allowance for the (3) couples is used up in that one evening.

From what I have read, key cards for PH and up are gold, A1, 2 and 3 are silver, and B and below are white (we were in steerage white card, but it was fine

jerseygirl3: Category B and under all have one sitting per specialty restaurant guaranteed.

I made a suggestion last year to Oceania about the color key cards.I had a suite and asked for them to give me a white keycard.The reason for this is that in todays world anyone who sees a gold card knows where your cabin is. It can only be on deck 8.And if you leave it in your tote bag as so many do,its easy to guess where to use it.So my suggestion was to make all keycards all gold or all white.

As I understand it, the reservation request must include all guests and their cabins that will be at the seating. The reservation counts against each guest's allowance. If you request a reservation for a table for (6) and each couple is allowed one reservation, then the allowance for the (3) couples is used up in that one evening.

Thanks for letting me know. We'd hate to use up all our reservations with one dinner, but if we want to eat together, I'm not sure how else we could do it.

Jo-Ann

It's not usually a problem to get more reservations. To get extras for 6 might be tricky. We were a group of four on our last cruise and were frequently offered a table for two when we enquired. One night we waited a longish time at the Grand Dining Room and they sent us upstairs. Normally its no more than 5 minutes to get a table in the GDR.

I can't remember how many times we ate upstairs, but it was defintely several more than our allotment.

Mo

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Bangkok to Beijing. We were on Deck 3 porthole. We ate in Polo and Toscana almost whenever we wanted, however ship was not full. Friends of ours upgraded onboard to better cabin for very little money!!:)

Do the veranda rooms have refrigerators or is that just in the Concierge Class rooms? Also is all the dining in the main dining room anytime dining or is it fixed seating. It will be our first cruise with Oceania, there's so many little questions! Thanks :)!!!

Do the veranda rooms have refrigerators or is that just in the Concierge Class rooms? Also is all the dining in the main dining room anytime dining or is it fixed seating. It will be our first cruise with Oceania, there's so many little questions! Thanks

If you ever have any questions about the room facilities on just about ANY cruise line, check out:

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/

The public site is free and has EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about your stateroom, but were afraid to ask! :D

Do the veranda rooms have refrigerators or is that just in the Concierge Class rooms? Also is all the dining in the main dining room anytime dining or is it fixed seating. It will be our first cruise with Oceania, there's so many little questions! Thanks :)!!!

Only concierge class veranda rooms (category A) have refrigerators.

All of the dining is open seating -- eat when you want, where you want, and with whom you want. Of course, reservations are needed for Polo and Toscana, but they are pretty easy to get if you have a little flexibility, and are free of additional charge.

Archived