Poll - Aft D1 Deck 10 Balcony vs. Jr. Suite anywhere on the ship?

katt1

Which would you prefer?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Aft D1 Balcony Stateroom on deck 10
    • Jr. Suite elsewhere on the ship

~Adventure of the Seas~

If you currently had an aft D1 balcony on deck 10, but the option to upgrade at the pier for $400 to a Jr. Suite elsewhere, which would you choose, any why?

P.S. To date, I've had neither, so just wondering what everyone's thoughts are...

I wouldn't. Those deck 10 aft cabins are larger than side or other aft deck cabins. We were in one on AOS and were suprised to see that the cabin was about 5 feet longer than the other D1's we've had. There was no extra furniture, but we could have added a small club chair in the extra sq. ft. area. And the aft balconies are larger than the JS's unless you got an aft JS. I don't think there is much chance of upgrading at the pier these days, as most ships sail full.

I voted for D1 aft but I guess it would depend on the JS cabin. I had a D1 aft on the Navigator and loved the size of the room and balcony. JMO. :D Is this something you are contemplating? If you give cabin numbers, that will surely help other make a decision.

I would accept the JS upgrade if it was from the upgrade fairy, but wouldn't pay another $400 to give up my prime cabin. I have 1400 on Deck 10 on the Independence, sailing in two weeks. Not switching for any price, but might consider it if it were free.

Archived