2nd trip to Skagway

Marie321

We've been to Skagway once. Last time we did Chilcoat into the Yukon. Half by train, half by van. On up to Emerald Lake and Carcross.

What would you suggest for our second trip? We enjoy nature and I am a real Iditarod fan. Not real fans of bars and shopping. DH and I are both 52 and fairly active.

Thanks!

We'd "done Skagway" three times and last time we rented a car and just headed north..............lovely hiking..........nice and quiet........away from all the people (four ships in town)!

The Soapy Smith "show" is fun if you've not seen it.

I'm assuming you've been to the museum in the old train station, etc. It has great films and information.

Don't you love this town?

Couple of ideas... Consider car rental from Skagway and drive up the Klondike Highway. Beautiful, and at your leisure, much different than an excursion. Or, book the fast ferry to Haines, and plan an excursion or car rental there.

For staying around town, Klondike National Park walking tour, cemetery tour, Red Onion brothel tour (you can skip the bar and just enjoy the narrative history)... all quick, easy, cheap or free.

Archived