Coral Princess Propulsion Problems

travelingman

The following was posted on the Roll Call for the March 23 sailing.

Has anyone else heard any news of this problem?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Potentially bad news everyone

The Coral Princess has turbo troubles and they are having to go slower than normal. They missed Cartagena, but expect to still visit Aruba. Go to http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html There is an entry dated March 19th for the Coral that quotes someone from another website who is on the ship and heard that news while aboard. Hope it doesn't effect those getting on March 23rd in FLL. Best of luck, everyone!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks,

Yes I also saw that. Our roll call is keeping watch of that too since we are on the one after the next one. So hopefully they might fix it. will just have to wait and see.

Marilyn

one interesting thing to note, as a passenger on this ship, I can attest that there was a turbine like piece of equipment up on deck 15 at the start of the cruise. Some engineers had been working on it on the early days of sailing. I do not know if it was actually an extra turbine or something else, or the if the turbines have been going wonky for a while.

Interestingly the turbine failed after Panama canal cruising, so it was after an extended time of cruising at low speed.

Anyway, while I am upset that I missed Cartagena, I think Princess went above their duty by crediting us $100 each. This was a very pleasant surprise as I know sometimes there is no credit at all other than port charges. (BTW, I am one of those people who beleive the cruise line should give something, even if it is just a token such as a free drink or glass of wine). If you take this $100 across the 1,900+ passengers, this problem was a nearly $200,000 credit for Princess.

Archived