Ryndam ? Adult pool

stsomewhere

Is there an adults only pool on the Ryndam or fleet wide?

Thanks

It's a fleet wide policy, the aft pool is designated as adult only. However you will find kids swimming in it from time to time. There should be a sign posted around the pool.

Kid are permitted to use the Lido pool. There's also a Club Hal area which has a small deck area for them.

It's a fleet wide policy, the aft pool is designated as adult only. However you will find kids swimming in it from time to time. There should be a sign posted around the pool.

I beg to differ. I think that changes from cruise to cruise. I've seen the "no children allowed" sign at the aft pool on some cruises, and then on others it has not been there. On my last cruise, on the Statendam, the sign at the aft pool merely stated that children under the age of 16 had to be accompanied by an adult. There was no mention whatsoever of children not being allowed to swim there.

Of course, I think it depends on the number of kids on the cruise too. On the Statendam cruise I am talking about, we only had one boy ... a "tween" who would have been using the pools anyway, and I guess it really didn't matter which pool he wanted to use. The only other children on that cruise were toddlers, still in diapers, who wouldn't have been allowed in any pool onboard.

But that aft pool being adults only is not fixed in stone. Make sure you check the sign before you suggest to a parent that her kid doesn't belong there. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Keep in mind that the Ryndam---all the S-class ships, for that matter---and the Rotterdam will be losing their aft pools over the next several months.

There can't be an "adults only" pool when there is only one -dam pool on the entire ship. :(

I've never been on the Ryndam, but I don't ever remember seeing a sign forbidding children from the aft pool - only ones, as Rita said, that under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. However, the Daily Program will often carry "requests" that the aft pool be kept for adults only. It is not enforced even then.

Is there an adults only pool on the Ryndam or fleet wide?

Thanks

Nope, at least not on Prinsendam, the four 'S' and the four 'R' class ships. Interesting point is that our friend, the Rev, sailed Noordam, a Vista ship, back in January and came across two signs by that pool that proclaimed it "Adults only" - Not sure if you'll find those same signs on the other three Vista's and on Eurodam by now, maybe someone else can advise us.

But on Prinsendam and on the eight non-Vista's/Eurodam,they (staff) sometimes roll out temporary "Adults only" signs when someone makes a decision to declare the aft pool as such but that is not a given! The aft pool there is not automatically "Adults only"

Nope, at least not on Prinsendam, the four 'S' and the four 'R' class ships. Interesting point is that our friend, the Rev, sailed Noordam, a Vista ship, back in January and came across two signs by that pool that proclaimed it "Adults only" - Not sure if you'll find those same signs on the other three Vista's and on Eurodam by now, maybe someone else can advise us.
I forgot to look on the Noordam in Dec or the Eurodam in Oct. :(

Archived