Transportation From Crown Bay To Coki

CruizeVirgin

I will be on the Emerald Princess which will dock in Crown Bay instead of Havensight. I have searched through this thread but have not seen going prices for transportation from Crown to Coki. What would be my best option..Taxi..Bus? I believe the going rate from Havensight to Coki is $10pp each way. I want to make this as easy as possible for me when we dock and want to know now what the rates are so I dont get screwed. Would it be better to get a small tour and beach time for the 2 of us instead of shelling out $40+ for just a ride to beach? Any insight will help me out alot. Thank you

HI CruiseVirgin,

First of all, you can't be 100% sure that the Emerald will dock in Crown-we sailed on her this January and we docked at Havensight. Last year we sailed on her as well and we were at Crown-it depends on how many large ships are in port-on the day we were there in January the Grand Princess was also in St. Thomas and they went to Crown Bay. We found out the day before (I think we asked at the shore excursion desk).

Either way, taxis are plentiful and inexpensive and fares are regulated by the governement, so you don't have to worry. If you want piece of mind you can ask several different drives, but my guess is that you will get the same answer.

Enjoy!

Crown Bay to Coki is $10 pp, ow in shared taxi. So yes for 2 people you'd be paying $40 RT. If you did one of the tours that are around $25 pp in a group with shop/tour/beach or some are just tour/beach you'd get to see a little of the island too. Try http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=st.+thomas+activities+%2B+island+tours&fr=yfp-t-305&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8 for some information.

--Islander

I would love to take a shopping, sightseeing, beach tour for $25 as it would provide me with an overview of the island for about the same as just a taxi ride. The only issue is the uncertainty of where we will dock. So far there is no indication for the Emerald as to what dock so that would not work out well for the tour company. Are there any of the tour companies located dockside that offer similar tours? I know other islands have them, some more forceful than others.

We just got off the Emerald, and we docked at Havensight, much to our surprise! We didn't know it until we docked. As far as taxi's, they are are not only regulated, the fares are posted, so you are pretty safe. And you will have no trouble finding transportation to/from either site.

Enjoy!

I would love to take a shopping, sightseeing, beach tour for $25 as it would provide me with an overview of the island for about the same as just a taxi ride. The only issue is the uncertainty of where we will dock. So far there is no indication for the Emerald as to what dock so that would not work out well for the tour company. Are there any of the tour companies located dockside that offer similar tours? I know other islands have them, some more forceful than others.

I expect you are in port on 4/6; for that date both the Emerald Princess and Grand Princess are both in port and neither has yet have a docked listed. I found this at the site for Papa Bear and Air Force One Tours:

http://www.havefunwithus.net/

It looks like there is no pattern to how they decide what princess ship docks where. There are 3 ships in the day I will be there so I hope they give the Emerald the nudge over the Grand for a spot at WICO. Does anyone know if there is a free shuttle that runs from CB to WICO. I recall reading that somewhere.

There is never a problem if you book a tour with a local like Papa Bear at Air Force One. They always know the ship schedules and they will be there to meet you....

http://www.havefunwithus.net/

• 2 weeks later...
^ Just sent them an email for a package tour. I hope they have room. Looks like our ship is docking at CBSS that day. Thanks

We were on the Emerald Princess last week and docked at Crown Bay. We used Airforce 1 with Papa Bear. He knows exactly where you will be docking. He met us and took 7 of us on a fantastic 2 hour island tour and 3 hours at Sapphire Beach He brought us back to the docks in plenty of time, he said he has never had a passenger miss their cruise ship on his tours. The bus could have held probably held 25 people but there was just the 7 of us he never picks up extra passengers, only those who reserve online with him which was nice. Some tours make you wait until they have a full bus.:)

Archived