Has anyone used the floating deposit program?

ROBERTEVANOVER

Never heard it called that, but you will see this topic often. Many people do this. You "buy" the deposit while on a cruise for $250. They give you an instant $100 OBC for your current cruise.

If you do not use it within the required time, sorry, it is gone. Otherwise the $100 giveaway would not be worth it.

Thanks.

You will get lots of opinions on food,good,bad and just crazy.

Personally, I do not think food is as wonderful as it was years ago. Just a sign of the times. I think it is fine and good enough that we keep cruising. But then again, we can be happy with the buffet,most times.

Those expecting 5 star gourmet food will be disappointed. I do think we got somewhat better food on Princess - but not enough for us to book them again. We are hooked on the variety of dining on NCL.

I just got 2 of them on the Sky this month and have already used them to book a B2B on the Sky in Nov. The interesting thing was that they were only requiring one of the deposits to hold both cruises as they were counting the B2B as 1 cruise. Since I'm cash-poor right now I called back and asked them to apply the other deposit.....which they did.

its 12 months to book and a total of 30 months till you have to sail from original deposit. We loved the idea, put down 250 got 100 obc and discounts from excursions we went on. I have changed my mind three times and was able to just use my credit. I love my cruise rewards, at least thats what it was called last year. whatever you do have fun:D

I was wondering if anyone has used the floationg deposit program where you put down $250 and get $100 ship board credit? What happens if you do not cruise with NCL in the designated time?

We buy the cruise rewards everytime we cruise. Love this program.

It's a win-win program. We love the fact that we were able to use our Cruise Reward as deposit in full on a suite.......we also changed our minds on sail date several times and each time moved the CR with no problem to the new date. We'll certainly buy another one next month.

its 12 months to book and a total of 30 months till you have to sail from original deposit. We loved the idea, put down 250 got 100 obc and discounts from excursions we went on. I have changed my mind three times and was able to just use my credit. I love my cruise rewards, at least thats what it was called last year. whatever you do have fun:D

It recently changed. New time limits are:

Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for reservations made within 24 months from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit within 24 months results in forfeiture. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for sail dates within 30 months from the date of purchase.

Hello,

I have a few questions on this program if someone can help. Can I book while on board and give credit to my TA? I know you can do this while booking on board with RCI. I love the idea of additional OBC but we have a wonderful TA and would want the reservation to go through that company. Also, I know NCL offers several OBC specials for new bookings throughout the year so if we take the OBC while booking on board do we lose the opportunity for any future specials of OBC? For example we are leaving this coming Saturday on the Gem and we booked a suite, at the time of booking we were given $500 OBC. We were already booked for November and our TA was able to get us the $500 for that sailing as well. Just not sure if this would be the case if booking while on board. It was a very nice special and would be more beneficial for us to wait for if that is the case. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Hello,

I have a few questions on this program if someone can help. Can I book while on board and give credit to my TA? I know you can do this while booking on board with RCI. I love the idea of additional OBC but we have a wonderful TA and would want the reservation to go through that company. Also, I know NCL offers several OBC specials for new bookings throughout the year so if we take the OBC while booking on board do we lose the opportunity for any future specials of OBC? For example we are leaving this coming Saturday on the Gem and we booked a suite, at the time of booking we were given $500 OBC. We were already booked for November and our TA was able to get us the $500 for that sailing as well. Just not sure if this would be the case if booking while on board. It was a very nice special and would be more beneficial for us to wait for if that is the case. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

This program isn't about actually booking a cruise on board.

You place a $250 deposit toward an unspecified future NCL cruise, which can be booked anytime in the next 24 months for a cruise sailing anytime in the next 30 months, and in return you receive a $100 onboard credit to use on the cruise you're currently on.

No need to worry about your TA...you have 24 months to make up your mind.

someone mentioned they got also excursion discounts with this program.....is that true all the time? just wondering......and what kind of discount was it? thanx kathie

I don't think that is correct. You get $100 credit that you can use towards your excursions...or anything else charged to your onboard account.

You can't book while onboard. It takes 7-10 days for this deposit to show up , associated with your lattitudes number. We bought the "future deposit" on our cruise in March and were apply to apply it to our suite next November that we just booked through our travel agent.

I don't think that is correct. You get $100 credit that you can use towards your excursions...or anything else charged to your onboard account.

what we received was 100 obc, and 10% off an excursion that was booked, we did the dolphin swim and there was 3 of us so they took off an additional $41, which was nice and they gave us a paper where we could get specials in the spa and for cocktails. Hope that helps

We purchased 2 Cruise Rewards on our last cruise. It is a good deal, but we lost out due to being in the UK.

The $250 is converted to £125 (equiv to $175 at current exchange rates) if like us you book with NCL UK. It means that including the $100 credit we benefit to the vast sum of $25!!

However, if we book via any method that is in USD we will be better off.

We still think this program is an excellent idea, and will probably purchase another in November on our cruise.:)

Hello,

The future cruise credit is linked to your Latitudes number. You can book any which way you want to- through a TA, NCL, online... When I used mine, I told my TA that I had it and she said "No problem, let me just punch in your Latitudes number and it will be applied.

Hello and thank you so much everyone for taking your time to respond. Everything was very helpful and I can see this is something definitely worth doing! We are excited to sail on the Gem this Saturday and will take advantage of the future cruise booking now for sure! Thanks again!

Always Happy Sailing!

Kathy

Can I use the crusie reward not as a deposit but towards a payment?

Say I already have a cruise booked on the Dawn in October (because I do)! and and want to book another cruise before my October trip. While on my October cruise, can I purchase a CR certificate and use it towards the next cruise already booked as a payment?

Sandy

Can I use the crusie reward not as a deposit but towards a payment?

Say I already have a cruise booked on the Dawn in October (because I do)! and and want to book another cruise before my October trip. While on my October cruise, can I purchase a CR certificate and use it towards the next cruise already booked as a payment?

Sandy

Nooo...The whole idea is to get you to book another cruise.

Archived