Weird Change

Brenda33

I went to Carnival's website and checked to see when my final payment was due.....while there I noticed something different. I booked my cruise well over a year ago and had chosen late dining and that is what it always said (yes, I know its not guaranteed), however, now all of a sudden, it says waitlisted next to the late time. Why is that???????? Did I get bumped down somehow?

I went to Carnival's website and checked to see when my final payment was due.....while there I noticed something different. I booked my cruise well over a year ago and had chosen late dining and that is what it always said (yes, I know its not guaranteed), however, now all of a sudden, it says waitlisted next to the late time. Why is that???????? Did I get bumped down somehow?

final payment is coming due-- so many things are on hold for now. I would call th agent first thing Monday morning and make sure they put it back the way it was.

There was a flurry of several threads going about this. Something new that just changed on everyones reservation. See this thread or one of the others going...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=952525

Waitlisted is just their way of saying you requested late dining but there's no guarantee that is what you will get. Nothing has chanced, they just changed the wording so people aren't assuming that they definitely got their requested time.

Won't do any good to call your pvp or your TA. You can't make reservations for dining no matter what a TA tells you. It's all a request. If you dont' get what you request you have to try to change it once you are on board.

Waitlisted is just their way of saying you requested late dining but there's no guarantee that is what you will get. Nothing has chanced, they just changed the wording so people aren't assuming that they definitely got their requested time.

Won't do any good to call your pvp or your TA. You can't make reservations for dining no matter what a TA tells you. It's all a request. If you dont' get what you request you have to try to change it once you are on board.

Mine has changed also. I think C arnival making a mistake on this new policy. Imagine all the mad people at checkin!

Maybe they changed the wording to have everyone waitlisted? It's possible there were way too many complaints with people who thought they got the dining they selected not realizing that it was only a request. With waitlisted maybe they will not get so many complaints? I dunno.. Just a theory. I would have named it Requested though not waitlisted.

As someone else noted , there were several threads about this same topic started yesterday. Does anyone not do a search before starting a topic anymore?

Obviously not, since there are currently 5 threads on this topic on the first 3 pages. :rolleyes: It's like "Fuel Supplement Refund" revisited....with the dozens of threads about that topic appearing daily for a while.

Don't panic, people. The seating time you request is just that.....a request. Even though it used to say "late" or "early" on your documents, it is only what you have requested. You are never guaranteed that time (unless you are a Platinum cruiser). You find out what you actually have been assigned once you check in for your cruise and receive your S&S card.

As someone else noted , there were several threads about this same topic started yesterday. Does anyone not do a search before starting a topic anymore?

No, we just wait to be corrected by self appointed moderators! Why seach?

This can really turn ugly! We asked to have our reservations to be linked with another couple who booked on a guarantee outside with no cabin assignment as yet while we booked an assigned cabin so we could all sit together at the same table at dinner!

This couple previously sailed with NCL and hated the dinner experience (plus everything else) because it was a circus. They were happy to go with CCL because we could all be together at dinner. Now, when they see this, they may decide to cancel.

MARAPRINCE

This can really turn ugly! We asked to have our reservations to be linked with another couple who booked on a guarantee outside with no cabin assignment as yet while we booked an assigned cabin so we could all sit together at the same table at dinner!

This couple previously sailed with NCL and hated the dinner experience (plus everything else) because it was a circus. They were happy to go with CCL because we could all be together at dinner. Now, when they see this, they may decide to cancel.

MARAPRINCE

From what I have read on some of the other threads, if you aren't on the same time as your friends, you can probably work that out the the Matre D soon after boarding. I sure wouldn't see it as a reason to cancel a cruise. When we go it will be with a group of 8 or more other couples and we would like to all have the same time, but if we don't....so be it.

My cruises for September and November say the same thing. I have no idea why this is but I also know it is no big deal. We usuallly get the dining time we want but have had to change it once or twice to the late dining option. I assume, as others have pointed out, that the "waitlist" is just Carnival's way of saying that nothing is guaranteed--unless they are about to drop the open seating bomb in our laps and just haven't yet. :eek: Personally, I would be tickled pink if they did, but I know others would not.

MARAPRINCE

As long as both couples asked to have your dining times linked, you should be fine. You would each need the others booking number to do that. A quick call to the person you booked with, whether TA or PVP or whatever, to confirm that the dining times are linked might not hurt.

As long as both couples asked to have your dining times linked, you should be fine. You would each need the others booking number to do that. A quick call to the person you booked with, whether TA or PVP or whatever, to confirm that the dining times are linked might not hurt.

We have already done this since we all booked with the same TA and requested late sitting and don't want to have to find out differently once we are on board. Since this couple had such a bad experience with NCL, they are very leerly of getting burned again especially on dinner time. Hopefully, this is just a computer problem and nothing more.

MARAPRINCE

I would not worry about late seating. Almost Always there are more people that want early. Mostly people with younger kids and seniors.

When I have asked for a table for 3 it has always been possible with late.

Tom in Long Beach

These threads remind me of those work emails that accidentally get sent out corporate-wide and are followed by 100's of "reply to all" emails telling everyone to stop replying to all.;)

The only change is semantics. They added the word "waitlisted" and people are panicking, when all along they never had a reservation - only a request.

As always, if you have a beef with your dining assignment, go directly to the maitre 'd when you get on board. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Relax, people.:cool:

Well, I'm happy to see that early dining is wait listed too. It's obviously just a new thing with Carnival to cover themselves.

Why does Carnival need a "new thing" to cover themselves when the policy has not changed - your dining choice is merely a request, and is not confirmed until you get on the ship?

Archived