Embarking at first port...any advice?

NYrunner

Has anyone here ever boarded the ship at the first port rather than the port of embarkation? We have already contacted Carnival and made a note on our reservation. Is there anything else that you can think of that would be different from a "typical" embarkation day?

Has anyone here ever boarded the ship at the first port rather than the port of embarkation? We have already contacted Carnival and made a note on our reservation. Is there anything else that you can think of that would be different from a "typical" embarkation day?

It may be a hassle getting to the ship... make sure that your name is on the list as coming aboard... What I mean is make sure they know you missed the embarkation on purpose... not that you "missed" it.

Thanks. I was wondering how we got our S&S cards...that makes sense. Did you have to take part in any type of safety lecture to make up for missing the Muster Drill?

No. No mention of it.

This is probably going to start something(I hope not), but I wonder if you will be charged tips for the entire cruise since you are missing a day? Just curious about that. We were still under the envelope system when we went through this so i am a wondering how it will work.

What is your itinerary and when do you sail?

You will need a passport to fly to a foreign port after June 1, do you have a passport?

If the port of call you plan to meet the ship in is Key West or Catalina or other ports in one of the fifty states your plans will run afoul of the PSA. Some one will be fined, probably the ship which will pass it on to you.

No. No mention of it.

This is probably going to start something(I hope not), but I wonder if you will be charged tips for the entire cruise since you are missing a day? Just curious about that. We were still under the envelope system when we went through this so i am a wondering how it will work.

I never even considered that. We will certainly keep the autotips in place (even if it is for the entire cruise), but it will be interesting to find out. Maybe I will do a review when we return because it is going to be an exciting vacation.

What is your itinerary and when do you sail?

You will need a passport to fly to a foreign port after June 1, do you have a passport?

If the port of call you plan to meet the ship in is Key West or Catalina or other ports in one of the fifty states your plans will run afoul of the PSA. Some one will be fined, probably the ship which will pass it on to you.

Yes, we have passports and will need them because we are flying into Cozumel (first port) to meet the ship. We are actually very excited because we are going to arrive in Cozumel the day before the ship arrives, so we will get to spend the night there. It will be fun to see what Cozumel is like after 6pm when the ships pull out.

Yes, we have passports and will need them because we are flying into Cozumel (first port) to meet the ship. We are actually very excited because we are going to arrive in Cozumel the day before the ship arrives, so we will get to spend the night there. It will be fun to see what Cozumel is like after 6pm when the ships pull out.

It sounds like you are all set to go! :D The ship has been notified and will be prepared for your arrival, and you for them. :) Have a great time.

We missed the ship on our cruise in June as we had a flight delay. When we got to the port that we were getting on the ship at our name was on a list - someone met us and took us to the pursers desk to get our S&S cards. We were then give a "brief"muster drill and that was that. I can't remember but I think our auto tips were adjusted and I know we were given OBC for the days missed (our air was through Carnival so they were responsible to get us to the next port of call and that was the reason for the OBC for the days missed)

Archived