Cunard reunion get together uk

southwestie

Is this open to all? I was about to say its a bit of a trek from the north west, but our NY friend has left me no way out! Would like to come but probably the October date, rather than the May one.

Your more than welcome, everyone (almost is) once we can get it all sorted, we can add more dates, even if only small groups turn up, we can have a drink and fish & chips lol

rob

This thread is making me realise that apart from the problems getting decent draft cider here, the US is just too big! It is so brilliant that you can all get together in Southampton without any major upheaval. Now it would be a real challenge to have a North Idaho Cunard reunion get together, not a port in sight unless you include the 3rd Street boat ramp on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Its just not fair! Have a great time you all! Maybe we can set something up in Seattle one day.:)

This thread is making me realise that apart from the problems getting decent draft cider here, the US is just too big! It is so brilliant that you can all get together in Southampton without any major upheaval. Now it would be a real challenge to have a North Idaho Cunard reunion get together, not a port in sight unless you include the 3rd Street boat ramp on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Its just not fair! Have a great time you all! Maybe we can set something up in Seattle one day.:)

Yes , so much easier for us, if this takes off , then maybe we can include you in our group meeting one day

rob

Hi Safarigirl

You're right, the UK is a lot smaller than the US; but as Southampton is 5 hours away from where I live it is still too far away to attend a lunch date. I do believe the original poster lives in the vicinity of Southampton, so no big deal logistics wise;).

I wonder if there are enough CC's in the north to warrant a meet there.

S x

Hi Safarigirl

You're right, the UK is a lot smaller than the US; but as Southampton is 5 hours away from where I live it is still too far away to attend a lunch date. I do believe the original poster lives in the vicinity of Southampton, so no big deal logistics wise;).

S x

Your right, Im 100 mins from southampton, so for the noth it is a long way off, your welcome if you get down, maybe make a long weekend, stay in hotel, look at the local area, or maybe as you say, you can start a group going up there

rob

Hi Safarigirl

S x

Good point - maybe a Northern branch too! Anyone else interested?

If you organised a simultaneous get-together in the States, both in hotels equipped with conference facilities, you could link the two by video conferencing, even if just to say hi and share the speeches.

It costs a few quid. We've done it at work a few times.

Just a thought.

Well as much as we would love to be there in May, we will miss it by three days as we don't get down to Soton until the 19th :(

May be able to manage the October meet though following the QM Round Brit voyage!

A northern meet sounds good

Jackie :)

If you organised a simultaneous get-together in the States, both in hotels equipped with conference facilities, you could link the two by video conferencing, even if just to say hi and share the speeches.

It costs a few quid. We've done it at work a few times.

Just a thought.

This is a great idea, I dont see why we cant do that, a laptop, camera and a good internet connection, this food for thought, and a good thought, please keep in touch with on this idea, if we did an afternoon meeting, we could connect with NYC say around 11am to 12 noon and we would 5pm ish.

with the right venue, we could it here for next to nothing.

keep the ideas coming??

Well as much as we would love to be there in May, we will miss it by three days as we don't get down to Soton until the 19th :(

May be able to manage the October meet though following the QM Round Brit voyage!

A northern meet sounds good

Jackie :)

Ah, Jackie, a northern meeting would be good, but im going to organise that one , lol, im sure a few could do it though.

your very welcome to the october meeting, watch this space

rob:eek:

CUNARD CRITIC REUNION & MEETING

SATURDAY MAY 16TH

La Margherita Restaurant Bar

1 Town Quay

Southampton

SO14 2AQ

12 NOON UNTILL 5.30PM OR LATER

CAR PARKING NEARBY

HOTELS NEARBY

MEETING IS IN THE CONSERVATORY ON ON THE TERRACE WITH SEA VIEWS

WE CAN ONLY TAKE 50 PEOPLE SO PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST ASAP

YOU CAN ORDER, MEALS, PIZZAS, OR JUST A DRINK

SO PLEASE JOIN US

ASK, ROB, GAVIN OR JIM

Hi Safarigirl

S x

Distance is relative, 2 hours from cinema but I can get to Britain in 24hours. I hope you can arrange the October get together & I shall try to attend. If Denise & I as still talking to each other!:D

Distance is relative, 2 hours from cinema but I can get to Britain in 24hours. I hope you can arrange the October get together & I shall try to attend. If Denise & I as still talking to each other!:D

working on the october one as we speak

maybe on the saturday for lunch

Don't worry. I can Drink with just about anyone. We don't have to speak. HIC

Denise

Don't worry. I can Drink with just about anyone. We don't have to speak. HIC

Denise

Yes I know, hic ! hic !,

Looking forward to meeting you again in southampton.

will try and get Larua there too, but I know she is away a few dates

Yes I know, hic ! hic !,

Looking forward to meeting you again in southampton.

will try and get Larua there too, but I know she is away a few dates

Is that me? I've been called many names but never Larua!! Like it!!

I am away both dates darling- US in May in Virginia and Panama in October.

Is that me? I've been called many names but never Larua!! Like it!!

I am away both dates darling- US in May in Virginia and Panama in October.

Its the hawaiian version of it, go back to your bread making, i will over there soon?

Sharon, well we are looking at Saturday May 16 for lunch, how would that work out?

That is a probable yes for me. Maybe two of us - just need to "phone a friend" tonight. Unless of course it clashes with the West Country Cruise meet we hold 3 times a year :)

Archived