Review 3/15 Solstice

jeffreytg

Thanks for the detailed review. How did you like your table location? Did you have a view out the window? Thanks.

Ron

I'm pretty easy going, it was not the best location, sort of in an outcove and could see very little of the rest of the dining room. That said, I was blessed with great company so location was not that important. We had a couple at our table who were doing a back to back and I think that they said that they were going to ask for a more centrally located table during the next week. We were next to the window- but I sat most nights with by back to this window- just the way it worked out.

If location impacted our service as to make it as slow as it was, then the location was a problem. But, I don't know that to be the case.

Lois:

I heard a rumor that they really didn't have to go to St. Thomas due to a medical emergency but to pick up more waffle mix since Texed was on board...

Actually Don, Texed also (like you did) switched to another cruise about a month before. The person offloaded in St. Thomas has spinal meningitis according to part of his party that stayed behind on the ship.

Jeff,

Where were you guys? You never joined us for any of the Cruise Critic activities. We had a MOST active CC group on this cruise. There were almost 60 of us. We looked for you and never saw you folks.

Both Mike Preisman and I will post reviews sometime in the coming weeks.

Jim

Actually Don, Texed also (like you did) switched to another cruise about a month before. The person offloaded in St. Thomas has spinal meningitis according to part of his party that stayed behind on the ship.

Jeff,

Where were you guys? You never joined us for any of the Cruise Critic activities. We had a MOST active CC group on this cruise. There were almost 60 of us. We looked for you and never saw you folks.

Both Mike Preisman and I will post reviews sometime in the coming weeks.

Jim

Hi Texed: We completely spaced the 10:00 CC party on Monday. We received the notice in our rooms but just got caught up in other things. I guess missing that we missed out on what ever was discussed there. I did have two couples who were Martini mates at my table though.

I forgot to mention disembarking. We had an assigned time of 9:30 where we were supposed to wait in the main restaurant. We hung out at the coffee shop and at about 9:25 walked off. The bags were easily located next to a number on a stand that represented our disembarkation number (27). We were through customs and in a taxi with in 15 minutes of standing up to walk off the ship (5++++++++++). This was the best disembarkation process that I have seen in our four cruises.

Having been on the same cruise, I could not agree more with the above. Our disembarkation number was 28 with an approximate time of 9:35. The info given to us (on a card) was to make our way to the Grand Epernay restaurant a few minutes prior to the stated time. We stayed in the room until about 9:20 headed down. Our number was called with 27, we left, got our bags, through customs and I was calling my brother for the ride by 9:40 or so. Most organized and effortless disembarkation in our 20 plus cruises.

Hi. Great review. Just curious about the outside Promenade deck. From what I am reading, it does not sound if it is like the M class ships or most other cruise ships. Can you walk around or do the lifeboats block the view and the walk? Thanks.

Hi Jeff ~ it was great to meet you on Solstice. Sorry we didn't get to see more of you. Can't believe we didn't see more of you in Michael's Club. We loved Dan Hodge. Was a sincere guy with a wealth of knowledge. Wish we had a couple more weeks to enjoy the ship and all the wonderful folks on board. Hope to sail with you again sometime!

jm ~ I'm sorry to say that the lifeboats do indeed block most of the view from the promenade. If I have one major design flaw with the ship, that's it. I love walking the promenade and seeing the ocean go by. Can't really enjoy that on this ship :(. Fortunately, there are so many other great things about the ship that it doesn't matter too much.

Jeff ~ forgot to say...very NICE review. thanks for sharing.

Archived