Door locked but they can still come in?

lovejone

Now you've all got me worried! We'll be on our honeymoon and will certainly want a bit of privacy... perhaps at all hours of the day and night. ;) I sure don't want anyone walking in on us! :eek:

Don't worry, it has never happened to us in 41 Princess cruises. Don't let the possibility ruin your cruise. :(

If for some reason you do not have your key..you can always get a temporary replacement from the pursers desk.

Rochelle

Good point.

I do not believe the general staff shld have access to folks cabins that, in particular, have the deadbolt on.

Doing so may place a lot of folks at risk and we have no way of knowing if this is a problem on cruiseships or not as they aren't exactly forthcoming about incidents aboard.. :(

If it becomes necessary to access a deadbolted cabin then the purser or his assistant shld be called to enter the cabin - IMO anyway!

Several cruises ago we put out the "privacy" sign as we went to breakfast on the last day. Our remaining stuff was all over for the carry-on repack. When we returned, our beds had been made-up with fresh sheets for the next passengers. Yet it was only about 6am and we wanted to wait in the cabin for another hour or so. Two different times the steward knocked and when we answered and replied we were not ready to go, he seemed perturbed. Then a few minutes later, still before 7:30, he unlocked the door without knocking even with our privacy sign and double locks. By then our cruise was over, so no way to correct his actions that cruise. We had already filled the cruise qustionaire out, so I stopped by the purser's desk on the way out to report. All other cruises our privacy was given.

And trust me, I travel with a friend who...let's say....indulges too much when traveling. (Wine). The boat could sink and he would sleep through it. I am NOT exaggerating. He is in a coma state after too much to drink.
Hate to say it but that's not normal. :( Under reasonably normal conditions, the alarm will wake you up. Being so drunk you're in a coma, well... we all make choices and sometimes, they're bad ones.

I had a room steward who entered my room three times with the privacy sign inserted in the door lock! I don't know if it was because I was sailing solo, if it was because of my circumstances being onboard (visiting a friend who worked on board), or if he just couldn't get it, but it was definitely uncomfortable!

This was the only time I did not tip extra on top of the auto tip at the end of a cruise... it was just so not right!

VB1

Just hang the "Do not disturb" card outside. They SHOULD respect that.

Yes they should but they don't. :eek:

We had this trouble on our Christmas Emerald cruise. We had the privacy please card out but he would just enter anyway. And without knocking!!!! Bugged the heck out of us. Happened twice. Thankfully we were dressed.

Why even give us a Privacy sign if the room steward isnt going to obey it? .

We had this trouble on our Christmas Emerald cruise. We had the privacy please card out but he would just enter anyway. And without knocking!!!! Bugged the heck out of us. Happened twice. Thankfully we were dressed.

Why even give us a Privacy sign if the room steward isnt going to obey it? .

FWIW, on our last Christmas cruise, we had issues with kids going through the hallway flipping the cards to the service please side. I wish there were two cards so that that couldn't happen.

FWIW, on our last Christmas cruise, we had issues with kids going through the hallway flipping the cards to the service please side. I wish there were two cards so that that couldn't happen.

The kids were out in force on our Christmas cruise too. :( However this is not what happened in our case. I checked after the Room Steward left both times and sure enough the 'privacy please' was still showing.:confused:

I agree with Cruisecrasy..Thanks for the heads up. Although Its never happened to me, I will be sure to place a chair or some item that makes noise in front of the door from now on.

I see that u do also. Better 'safe than sorry' hmmm?

CC is awesome as are most of its posters - the things u can learn..!!

Have happy cruisin'! :)

Archived