Can you carry on all your luggage

lvcruises

With the problems people are having with luggage getting misdirected or delivered late, I was wondering if you can bring all you luggage on with you? The last cruise we were on with RCL the xray machine wasn't big enough to scan large luggage like the 26 or 28 inch bags. Can NCL handle them? They say they are not responsible for the porters and their handling of the bags but do we have any other choice? If so please let me know.

See? I'm not crazy -- there really has been an influx of reports of these luggage issues out of POM recently!

Now we just need to see if anyone knows if we can carry it all on. If they are setup like RCL I don't see how you could.

They have to fit through the xray machine, period. If they don't they will make you check them. Also, had a friend who had a long skinny bag with her snorkling equipment in it - it woul dhave fit, but they said it was too long and had to be checked. I don't know of any port who has an exception to this - it wouldn't be the cruiseline's call.

There is one active message thread right now about baggage size.

A few going about lost luggage.

It sure would make life easier if folks would get into those conversations instead of starting new ones.

Meanwhile, I will say again, with the exception of some recent posts (maybe all the same day???), bags getting lost from the pier to the staterooms have been very very rare.

And, I have seen some rather large bags go through the online checkin. Not the big ones that look like a family of 4 kids are inside, but instead those that are larger than airline size.

Any bag larger than 20 inches by 24 inches, by 'no limit' length will have to be scanned with the large luggage. All hand held bags can be brought aboard as you board through the airport type carry on scanners.

All carry on bags must fit the carry on scanner, 20 by 24 inches in either height and width, since its laid down on a belt, there is no limit to length.

There is one active message thread right now about baggage size.

A few going about lost luggage.

It sure would make life easier if folks would get into those conversations instead of starting new ones.

Meanwhile, I will say again, with the exception of some recent posts (maybe all the same day???), bags getting lost from the pier to the staterooms have been very very rare.

And, I have seen some rather large bags go through the online checkin. Not the big ones that look like a family of 4 kids are inside, but instead those that are larger than airline size.

It might make life easier for some, but but nearly as interesting. I just want to read a brief answer, not spend an entire hour reading all the threads on luggage. That's just me however; I'm taking 2 carry-ons that are airline regulation size.:D

Any bag larger than 20 inches by 24 inches, by 'no limit' length will have to be scanned with the large luggage. All hand held bags can be brought aboard as you board through the airport type carry on scanners.

All carry on bags must fit the carry on scanner, 20 by 24 inches in either height and width, since its laid down on a belt, there is no limit to length.

I guess you didn't read "Gordonchick's" post above:

"Also, had a friend who had a long skinny bag with her snorkling equipment in it - it woul dhave fit, but they said it was too long and had to be checked."

The big suitcases are not allowed even if it fits the xray machine in NYC. It's a NYC port security not the cruiseline. I tried last September and was denied. FYI

Archived