Review 3/15 Solstice Part II

jeffreytg

I left out a number of things in my first thread, I was composing early in the morning at forgot a few things, to wit (1-5 rateing scale)

1. There is a 11:15 PM to 12:30 AM desert buffet at Sky Lounge on Thursday. It had a nice selection of cakes, cookies and alike. There was also a chocolate Fountain with fruit, cake, and alike to dip. The line at 11:30 was quite long and it took us about 20 minutes to get through. It was a nice touch (4)

2. There was supposed to be Karokee on Friday niight at 9:00 PM in Sky Lounge. By 10:00 PM with quite a crowd waiting, it was called off due to a computer problem. They then started playing disco music via the DJ. The place clearned out like a stink bomb went off. A lot of revenue was lost due to that computer issue - we went to bed- I know we would have had 3-4 drinks had we stayed and I am sure others would have done the same. (1)

3. Pictures: There is a $129 all you can eat picture deal. We don't cruise as often as many others so we took advantage and brought home 23 pictures. We took three poses on each of the two Formal nights for example. (5)

4. Sommelier- I really like our sommelier in the main dining room- he was freindly and not as "uppiity" as I have found many to be. He came around each evening with a smile asking if there was anything he could do for us. We both loved the selection he picked out for us. (5)

5. Entertainment except production shows: Acapella Group Oceans Four, String Quartet, big band, and piano players were all excellent. The ship did an excellent job of providing nice music each evening to suit many tatses at multi venues. (4)

6. Brunch- served the day of San Juan. This was not impressive. The food, what there was of it, was of good quality. But, there was a limited selection in my opinion. (3)

7. Formal Attire: I rented a tux through cruise ship formal. It was deliverd to my stateroom Sunday evening. All was in order. It was removed from my Stateroom the day after the second formal. I had expected to see more tuxes being worn. I estimate that no more than 15%-20% of men that I saw wore a tux. Im not complaining, just an observation as I expected the Celebrity crowd to be more tuxlike.

Archived