Lister, ----, Cirencester, Hull again

Crawley, Horley, Fawley, Billingham

Dawlston, Haulston, Kingston, Gillingham

Bury, Londonderry, Broadberry, Ickenham

Barrow, Harrow, Twickenham, I'm sick of 'em

I been here, there, everywhere

I been everywhere

Do you recognize all of them?

Lister? Was the mouthwash named after this town? They make this stuff just up the road in Lititz . . .

GCurry . . . I just noticed that you're from Galveston. (I thought you were from El Paso). Y'all had a rough time . . . how goes it now? I spent a week there before a cruise and thought it would be a nice place to live (cheaper than Key West, for sure); but, that was before the last 'cane.

Well, now, OK--where is that?

Spain PM, Ole Mallorcasaint is actually a Basque separatist, he just pretends to be Scottish to explain the attitude!!

GCurry . . . I just noticed that you're from Galveston. (I thought you were from El Paso). Y'all had a rough time . . . how goes it now? I spent a week there before a cruise and thought it would be a nice place to live (cheaper than Key West, for sure); but, that was before the last 'cane.

El Paso is just one of the 18 Texas Cities and towns I've called home through the happenstance of life. I did graduate from UTEP there, the only Texas University to have won the Big Dance BTW.

These days I'm down on the coast working at UTMB in Galveston. Yes, 75 percent of Galveston was submerged by the storm surge of Hurricane Ike. My home is around the bay in the small community of Bacliff and stayed dry although I just finished replacing the majority of my fencing.

Actually Galveston and Key West have a lot in common although Galveston isn't as blatantly gay. They are Old Gulf ports with a lot of history.

You are correct, it's pretty inexpensive to live here for a beach city and cruise port. I was Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce in Galveston, President of Rotary etc etc, so I do have a lot of love for this old town.

But, I would like to move back up country at some point so I don't have to run for my life every time something a name on it comes out of the Gulf.

Cor! makes you quite nostalgic for Mrs Scroggins geography class in form 6. All that's missing are some fascinating facts about the Paris basin and the adabatic air flow in the Pyrenees.

Gari

We have a belfast sink, but not a Paris Basin.

We have aslo been to Adabati, but it wasn't in the pyrenees then.

I am trying to improve my spelling. I can spell, I just can't type!

We had a degree!!

Nast yman.

:mad:

Please excuse my ignorance but am I correct that Catalanistan is what the French/Spanish boring old farts speak on the Costa del Sol? :D:D:D

Wouldn't have thought they speak much Catalan in the Costa del Sol.Too far South but we (avorrit d'edat pet) speak it in Mallorca and Catalonia!! :)

Spain PM, Ole Mallorcasaint is actually a Basque separatist, he just pretends to be Scottish to explain the attitude!!

Ha ha! Ya got me! Sóc escocès i català en el meu cor!

for RealPM: Catalan is spoken in the following regions:

Region Catalonia (Spain) 6,043,088 Balearic Islands (Spain) 746,792 Valencian Community (as Valencian) (Spain) 2,547,661 Andorra 61,975 Northern Catalonia (France) 125,622 TOTAL 11,808,155

Region Catalonia (Spain) 6,043,088 Balearic Islands (Spain) 746,792 Valencian Community (as Valencian) (Spain) 2,547,661 Andorra 61,975 Northern Catalonia (France) 125,622 TOTAL 11,808,155

How did you learn it?

And, apparently, by a minority of the population of Alghero in Sardinia. See, I've been doing my home work.

I'll be down your way in a few weeks time. Is there anything that I absolutely mustn't miss in Palma?

J

And, apparently, by a minority of the population of Alghero in Sardinia. See, I've been doing my home work.

I'll be down your way in a few weeks time. Is there anything that I absolutely mustn't miss in Palma?

J

Well the cathedral is spectacular but if you have time catch the old wooden electric train from Palma to Soller. Beautiful ride through the olive/orange/lemon groves and up into the mountains. In Palma walk up from the front to the Plaza Mayor ( Main square) and have lunch. Lovely city but parking is a nightmare!! Go to the underground car-park near the Cathedral just off Paseo Maritimo ( Promenade). Hope you enjoy it.

RealPM: Catalan is the main official language of Mallorca altough they tend to speak a dialect of it known as Mallorquin. You just pick it up really although the Council provides free lessons.

Right! That's me off to join the QM2. Back in a month!! Missing you already!

Estem navegant! :D

Well the cathedral is spectacular but if you have time catch the old wooden electric train from Palma to Soller. Beautiful ride through the olive/orange/lemon groves and up into the mountains. In Palma walk up from the front to the Plaza Mayor ( Main square) and have lunch. Lovely city but parking is a nightmare!! Go to the underground car-park near the Cathedral just off Paseo Maritimo ( Promenade). Hope you enjoy it.

Brilliant - thanks for that. As it turns out I think the Soller train ride was the shore excursion I opted for anyway.

Have a terrific time on QM2.

J

Brilliant - thanks for that. As it turns out I think the Soller train ride was the shore excursion I opted for anyway.

Have a terrific time on QM2.

J

Thanks J I'm sure we will. We are joining the Celebrity Constellation to TA back from the states after the QM2 TA. Have a great time too and enjoy Palma! By the way tell your good lady not to buy flowers from the gipsys. They will have your purse out of your bag in no time! :(

RealPM: Catalan is the main official language of Mallorca altough they tend to speak a dialect of it known as Mallorquin. You just pick it up really although the Council provides free lessons.

Estem navegant! :D

You mean you're not going to log on while on ship, give us up-to-dates? You want to miss all this witty conversation? :mad:

P.S. Have as good voyage.

Thanks J I'm sure we will. We are joining the Celebrity Constellation to TA back from the states after the QM2 TA.

It looks like back to back, no time in the States? You could broaden your knowledge of the world by becoming acquainted with the often discussed Connecticut and extensively exploring Rhode Island which might take a day. I recommend the "cottages" of Newport, but you have similar edifies all through England.

Whatever, have some great cruising.

Have a great time too and enjoy Palma! By the way tell your good lady not to buy flowers from the gipsys. They will have your purse out of your bag in no time! :(

Are there labels on the gipsys, or are they the only ones who sell flowers?

That must be unnerving having someone else's hand in your sporran!!:)

Secondly, we are much more irreverent about public figures than you. We will assume that you think your President (although not this one quite yet) is an idiot,

This made me laugh! Quite a few of us DO think he's an idiot!!!!! :D :D

on our last crossing we dined with two yanks and had some great conversations about our differences & similarities. We all loved each others accents, different ways of describing things, different cultures and loved discussing them all, it was fascinating, fun and a real education. In fact I would go as far as saying it made our trip!

I have to agree. On our last crossing on the QE 2, our tablemates were a couple from the UK. We got along so well and liked each other so much, we booked another crossing with them.....on the QM 2 this November! :)

I can tell you're an old folk-singer from way back when!

Rambling Sid Rumpole was it?

J

Putting such undue emphasis on a person's age is not very becoming me dearyOh! The futtock nurdler's curse is e'en now winging its way with a Hey nonny and a fiddle-me ree.

Gari

Archived