Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

Nitny, I've actually spent a year in State College one week in January, flew in and out between blizzards. When he finally dies,(good thing he moves occasionally) are y'all going to have Paterno stuffed and mounted.

One publication has us (The Horns) projected to play you in probably a BCS bowl although that wouldn't be the one we would want.

It figures that it would be a Texan (or some other frontiersman) to suggest that JoePa be stuffed and mounted. I'm pretty sure the plan is to display him, much like Lenin in Red Square (and REQUEST an appropriate donation).

Too bad Texas didn't play in the NC game last year (you were screwed). Perhaps this season in Pasadena; maybe we can have a CC "meet and greet" or a Cunard reunion on the Queen Mary.

It figures that it would be a Texan (or some other frontiersman) to suggest that JoePa be stuffed and mounted. I'm pretty sure the plan is to display him, much like Lenin in Red Square (and REQUEST an appropriate donation).

Too bad Texas didn't play in the NC game last year (you were screwed). Perhaps this season in Pasadena; maybe we can have a CC "meet and greet" or a Cunard reunion on the Queen Mary.

I used to play scrum half for Sheffield Wednesday you know.

Gari

Gari

I did a little research before replying and came across this tidbit from some website (so it must be true):

Scrum halves are always Napoleonic in stature. That is, short little bastards always causing strife, occasionally one-handed. They are very stroppy characters, always looking for a fight, and when having found one drags the nearest prop in to sort it out for him. They must have an A-level in niggling, treading on their opponents' feet and kicking loose-head props in the shins when the ref isn't looking.

I was more interested in why you played on Wednesdays, but this was a real eye-opener (popper). :eek:

PS:the site: http://wesclark.com/rrr/sh_guide.html Additionally, it was stated "The most important part of a scrum half is his mouth"

Gari

So now, Garaidh, seeing you now know you are of good Scottish stock, I have read that you must possess very hairy knees, a criterion for acquiring the position of Scottish scrum half. And better to keep your knees warm in your newly acquired kilt, I suppose!:)

PS I may have found your tartan.

I did a little research before replying and came across this tidbit from some website (so it must be true):

Scrum halves are always Napoleonic in stature. That is, short little bastards always causing strife, occasionally one-handed. They are very stroppy characters, always looking for a fight, and when having found one drags the nearest prop in to sort it out for him. They must have an A-level in niggling, treading on their opponents' feet and kicking loose-head props in the shins when the ref isn't looking.

I was more interested in why you played on Wednesdays, but this was a real eye-opener (popper). :eek:

PS:the site: http://wesclark.com/rrr/sh_guide.html Additionally, it was stated "The most important part of a scrum half is his mouth"

Perfect then a good cruise critic member :)

I was more interested in why you played on Wednesdays

Great laugh, very clever, garigoun!:)

Sheffield Wednesday is a soccer club.:eek:

"Scrum Halves" play Rugby!:)

And why Wednesday? The club started as a Cricket Club "The Wednesday Club" because that was the day they got off work and could therefore play cricket. Soccer came later in the club's history.

Scrum half for a soccer club... still laughing, brilliant!

I know your love/hate relationship with JoePa, and that any number of fans would volunteer to put him on display within the month!:)

I knew a guy who brought in a couple of Snow Geese to a Taxidermist who asked him if he wanted em stuffed and mounted, but he said no, just holding hands would be fine!!

We talked to God about it, as we had beaten ou by 10 and would have given Florida all they could handle. But Tech got lucky the last play of the game, so like Darrel Royal said "there you are enjoying a lollipop and all at once all you have left is the stick!"

What could have happened did and somebody forgot to tell Ohio State to role over and play dead, so we had our hands full in the Fiesta.

I knew those scrum halfs in the Corp, they are the ones who would hit the biggest man in the EM Club in the head with a full can of beer and leave it to his buddies to sort things out. You wonder as to the role of a scrum half in a soccer game; probably riding the pine.

Thanks for the translation Pepperrn.

Is Cruachan off on a cruise?

I note Friday that much like us, one cruise on Norwegian was all you could handle.

Bon Voyage James sink a few pink 'uns, put 'em on my bill.

gari

Cheers Garaidh,

keep this bloody lot in order while I'm gone will you. There's been too much loose talk about pre-tied bow ties and j*ans lately!

I didn't know you were the Sheffield Wednesday scrum half. I thought you looked after the trophies for Alloa Athletic - so you ran away to sea cos you had nothing to do.

J

Cheers Garaidh,

keep this bloody lot in order while I'm gone will you. There's been too much loose talk about pre-tied bow ties and j*ans lately!

I didn't know you were the Sheffield Wednesday scrum half. I thought you looked after the trophies for Alloa Athletic - so you ran away to sea cos you had nothing to do.

J

Aye Oop Jim lad, tha’s oop soon this morn, cans’t not slayp fer exciitemnt? Ah were transferred to t’ Wensdi fra Preston North End where ah’d bin a prop. Not a lot of people know that.

Eh them were the days, listening to the footy results on the Home service, the soft soporific ritual drone that signified Saturday night. Your dad hunched over the coupon. Second only to the Shipping Forecast litany for letting you know that all was right and all manner of things were right and would continue to be so. ‘Sailing By’ lad, ‘Sailing By’……..

A Nostalgic Gari

Aye Oop Jim lad, tha’s oop soon this morn, cans’t not slayp fer exciitemnt? Ah were transferred to t’ Wensdi fra Preston North End where ah’d bin a prop. Not a lot of people know that.

Eh them were the days, listening to the footy results on the Home service, the soft soporific ritual drone that signified Saturday night. Your dad hunched over the coupon. Second only to the Shipping Forecast litany for letting you know that all was right and all manner of things were right and would continue to be so. ‘Sailing By’ lad, ‘Sailing By’……..

A Nostalgic Gari

If you say so!!!:confused::):cool:

Starched Wranglers, full quill Ostrich, tux shirt (one o them wangtips), Texas flag bow tie and bun (pre-tied so's you don have to) and tux coat or dinner jacket, white hat with the jacket of course.

Uncle Buck sez he's a real hit with the ladies on Carnival outa Galveston in this outfit, think it would work on Cunard??

We wus 6 inches below normal rainfall fer the year, so yesterday afternoon we got 9 1/2 inches. Hell, thought I wus in Bangladesh and now want some "No Wake Zone" signs fer tha house; you could surf behind a Ford F350!

Adiós for now, gotta go check ma coyote traps as they probably got Nutria in em!!

So I go away for a week, thinking this thread would die a natural death, but it's like the Energizer bunny. :)

Now if i were half as clever as some people think I am (I'm not), I'd c/p a picture of the bunny . . .

So I go away for a week, thinking this thread would die a natural death, but it's like the Energizer bunny. :)

Now if i were half as clever as some people think I am (I'm not), I'd c/p a picture of the bunny . . .

Where've you been? Where've you been? Why weren't we told? Nobody tells us anything. It's a disgrace. We have a right to know. The Board awaits with bated breath and eager anticipation for tales of daring do and adventure.

An excited Gari.

Where've you been? Where've you been? Why weren't we told? Nobody tells us anything. It's a disgrace. We have a right to know. The Board awaits with bated breath and eager anticipation for tales of daring do and adventure.

An excited Gari.

Thanks for asking!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. A mere 750 miles from home. Ah the wonders of it all . . . leaving at 6AM to beat NYC traffic . . . Between Washington and Richmond the traffic was so heavy it seemed to take us as long as it did Grant . . .

The good news is we did not buy the Timeshare they tried to sell us.

(The area is beautiful, and was considerably warmer in temperature than the 28 degrees F we left behind last week).

Thanks for asking!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. A mere 750 miles from home. Ah the wonders of it all . . . leaving at 6AM to beat NYC traffic . . . Between Washington and Richmond the traffic was so heavy it seemed to take us as long as it did Grant . . .

(The area is beautiful, and was considerably warmer in temperature than the 28 degrees F we left behind last week).

Is it just me or does anybody else have a sense of crushing disappointment? Does a traffic report and a weather update constitute high adventure? Oh Well. back to the bloody cummbunds and ties.

Gari

Where've you been? Where've you been? Why weren't we told? Nobody tells us anything. It's a disgrace. We have a right to know. The Board awaits with bated breath and eager anticipation for tales of daring do and adventure. An excited Gari.

Taking to the highways of America can often be described as a death defying act or a perilous adventure with moments of sheer terror. You don't plan them that way, but it's what often occurs.

The Lurker on the other hand seems to have had just the opposite on IH 95 watching the grass grow as he plodded along like a chain gang to the gulag on his way to Myrtle Beach SC. It's a resort community, a Mecca for golfers and the moneyed minions of the North East.

Down here regrettably, our death defying acts usually start with the words "Here hold my beer and watch this!!" We get to read about these in the paper, and it does serve to filter some algae out of the gene pool.

Now as to my Mardi Gras waistcoat and tie ensemble?

Is it just me or does anybody else have a sense of crushing disappointment? Does a traffic report and a weather update constitute high adventure? Oh Well. back to the bloody cummbunds and ties.

Gari

I guess you never drove through the Hartford area--I-91 or I-84, pure excitement!!! And the rain only enhances the thrill!!!

Thanks for asking!

Grant probably arrived sooner than those of us who have the "pleasure" of frequenting I95 between Richmond and DC. :eek:

Grant probably arrived sooner than those of us who have the "pleasure" of frequenting I95 between Richmond and DC. :eek:

Have we strayed into an alternative universe here? There was a Monty Python sketch that consisted entirely of two guys swapping road numbers.

LURKER, Why the hell didn't you just make something up? Pretend you'd been mugged by a gang of Quakers or had some sinister oriental with long thin mustaches enquire how much you wanted for your wife/ children/mother/dog. Thrill us with tales of life on the edge, eating at McWotsits, travelling at 56mph.

For goodness sake man try.

Gari

I was on the M3 today, now that is a real road, not some namby pamby I95, saw the M25 which is what Tolkien used as his basis for Lord of the Rings. I wasn't scared a bit, but I didn't go on it, I'm not taking chances.

We have heard Capt. that your Highways somewhat resembles the Autobahns of Germany or our State of Montana where there are no discernible speed limits. However, unlike Montana you probably aren't inconvenienced by a buffalo wandering out in front of your Mini Cooper!

We have a similar problem as driving at night in many parts of Texas may get you a deer as a passanger or a hood ornament.

Our motorways have less beach towels that the average Autobahn, and clearly less bison. There was an incident which was reported as involving a moose but I am too much of a gentleman not to leap to the defence of the somewhat hirsute young lady- my lips are sealed.

Archived