Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

Is it just me or does anybody else have a sense of crushing disappointment? Does a traffic report and a weather update constitute high adventure? Oh Well. back to the bloody cummbunds and ties.

Gari

You obviously never sat through a time-share presentation. First they load you with free coffee, but put the "loos" waaaay at the other end of the building. There are other goodies, of course, but they are there only to sustain you for the ordeal. Hard sell, soft sell, double-team sell, all the tricks come out. One can barely escape with one's check-book intact. :eek:

I once had to explain to a State Trooper in Kentucky that while on my way from Michigan to Tennessee, a tow-truck with Indiana plates had run me off the road in Kentucky. Admirably, the situation managed to involve every state I had to pass through along the route. That fine gentleman pushed back his hat, rubbed his hairline and said the following:

"Well sheeeee-*t, lil' lady, wee-at t'call in the Eff Bee Ahh ferr'at. Erya drivable?"

(treading very carefully lest the thread start gasping again)

You obviously never sat through a time-share presentation. First they load you with free coffee, but put the "loos" waaaay at the other end of the building. There are other goodies, of course, but they are there only to sustain you for the ordeal. Hard sell, soft sell, double-team sell, all the tricks come out. One can barely escape with one's check-book intact. :eek:

They obviously didn't get the memo on the water-boarding??

Selling time-shares in this economy has got to be an act of desperation, who were they, former investment bankers, mortgage lenders?

As related to cruising, announcing that you sell time-shares would have you sitting alone at a table for 8 within a day.

I called my stockbroker today and asked him, "What are you buying" ? His answer: “Canned goods and ammunition.”

Sounds right to me.

As to the OP's question...will you feel welcome on the QM2. Why not? You own the darn thing.

You wouldn't know it by coming to these boards! I think we have Cunard leased to the Brits.

Decided to test the waters Friday??

Yes, and if the thread develops a second allergy to my presence, I'll just go crawl back under my DAM rock. ;)

I've never known a Californian to suffer from low self esteem, almost as modest as Texans in that respect. But you did say you were from Michigan; family in the auto industry?:)

I've never known a Californian to suffer from low self esteem, almost as modest as Texans in that respect. But you did say you were from Michigan; family in the auto industry?:)

Nope, teachers - several generations of them straight back to the proverbial one-room schoolhouse. Good rabble-rousing union folks. *brazen grin*

And before that, butchers and the occasional shine-runner.

Nope, teachers - several generations of them straight back to the proverbial one-room schoolhouse. Good rabble-rousing union folks. *brazen grin*

I was educated a teacher in Texas, but would not have been forced to become a union member!:) I have, however, negotiated with unions in a management capacity to the company's satisfaction.

And before that, butchers and the occasional shine-runner.

We'll let em wonder as to the shine runner, Canada into Michigan?

They obviously didn't get the memo on the water-boarding??

Selling time-shares in this economy has got to be an act of desperation, who were they, former investment bankers, mortgage lenders?

As related to cruising, announcing that you sell time-shares would have you sitting alone at a table for 8 within a day.

Car salesmen and real estate brokers, I think.

Didn't you know you were wasting all that money on a cruise, but if you spend it with us, you get something you can hold on to??????????

On a ship, they might put one of those guys into a life-boat, point him towards the nearest deserted island. :D

Car salesmen and real estate brokers, I think.

Didn't you know you were wasting all that money on a cruise, but if you spend it with us, you get something you can hold on to??????????

I hope it was a free trip except for the aggravation. A time share, much like cancer, can be a very hard thing to get rid of.

On a ship, they might put one of those guys into a life-boat, point him towards the nearest deserted island. :D

Don't do him any favors as he would be selling the island on ebay the next day.

Is that a question that anyone would admit to right now? Even the plant janitors are embarassed

The only difference between an American auto-exec and a seagull is the seagull can still put down a deposit on a Mercedes!!

<sets up an IV with a lidocaine drip>

<administers 10 cc of adrenaline>

<charges paddles>

CLEAR!

<ZZZAPPPP!>

What seems to have been the problem, Dr.?

Looks like the patient had a cummerbund lodged somewhere inconvenient. Pleats down, too. Will these people never learn?? Need a bus ticket?

It's Cunard, so how do you know, it's about like Holland America with an accent!!

That oughta bring the patient around Friday, although much like trout, they might not rise to the bait.

MSG got a shock today, a Large Cotton Mouth on her jog path.

Yikes!!

About 2 weeks ago, my kidlet was moving some paver stones for me. I had promised him a nickel per stone. About halfway through, he came in demanding hazard pay. Seems he'd found a scorpion. I went out and looked and sure enough, it was a scorpion. My first one all up close and personal-like. It looked kinda flat and wasn't moving, so I thought it was dead.

So I poked it with a twig.

It wasn't.

I believe the scream could be heard in Vegas.

It's Cunard, so how do you know, it's about like Holland America with an accent!!

That oughta bring the patient around Friday, although much like trout, they might not rise to the bait.

Tex, you've probably heard this but I've only just herd it this morning and it made me laugh out loud and I've been chuckling at intervals since.

"Whats the difference between a Northern American fairy tale and and A Southern American fairy tale.

The Northern fairy tale begins ' Once upon a Time...'

The Southern fairy tale begine ' Y'all aint gonna b'leeve this Sh*t'

Gari

"Whats the difference between a Northern American fairy tale and and A Southern American fairy tale.

Gari

Well gawd bless ya liddle ol' soul, you done gawn and got it!

Tex, you've probably heard this but I've only just herd it this morning and it made me laugh out loud and I've been chuckling at intervals since.

Gari

A common expression in Texas Gari, the problem is, most of em are true.

Here's the varment MSGCurry ran into yesterday on the gounds of the Johnson Space Center.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1342121095325361927

No wonder the Astronauts don't mind blasting off into space, it's safer than Texas!:)

Yikes!! About 2 weeks ago, my kidlet was moving some paver stones for me. I had promised him a nickel per stone. About halfway through, he came in demanding hazard pay. Seems he'd found a scorpion. I went out and looked and sure enough, it was a scorpion. My first one all up close and personal-like. It looked kinda flat and wasn't moving, so I thought it was dead. So I poked it with a twig. It wasn't.

I believe the scream could be heard in Vegas.

As a youth I was a camp counselor living in a tent in Central TX, where one morning I put on a swim suit with a scorpion in it. It was an incident where I didn't turn the other cheek!:D

It's one of the reasons I enjoy cruising, no scorpions!

Sho' 'nuff!

I don't know, Lurker1 . . . garigoun does seem to know his way around southern USA idioms, including appropropriate spelling, to a baffling degree, But, then, men-of-world often come across this way . . .

I guess that when you say you were a camp counsellor, you were a counsellor at a camp; rather than being a counsellor who was a bit camp? Just for the sake of clarity. :)

LOL Cap'n with a big goorjusss cowboy hat like that you have to ask???!!! ;)

I guess that when you say you were a camp counsellor, you were a counsellor at a camp; rather than being a counsellor who was a bit camp? Just for the sake of clarity. :)

Not in the biblical sense Pugwash, as I've always enjoyed the company of women, and have the scars to prove it!!:D

http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/camp

One thing I've really enjoyed on the Cunard boards is getting the opportunity to observe the rich fabric of our language as it has evolved across the water, meaning England of course as there are the Scots.:)

I shouldn't talk however as being primarily Scots/Irish I'm a couple of centuries removed from either and speak excellent Texan and passable English. Even the Texan is of the Trans Pecos variety which has even Texans asking me where I'm from. It's about the equivalent of being from Yorkshire the way I figure it. Regardless, so often on these boards I'm reduced to Goggling up definitions just to see if what he said is what I thought he meant before I became offended, double entendere being what they are around here.

Hell, I bet you people don't even have to press 1 for English!!

LOL Cap'n with a big goorjusss cowboy hat like that you have to ask???!!!

You implying the Cap'n might buckle on a little swash? Or is that a little swish!!

I don't know, Lurker1 . . . garigoun does seem to know his way around southern USA idioms, including appropropriate spelling, to a baffling degree, But, then, men-of-world often come across this way . . .

You have a point Nitny, and given that he just found out he was Scottish, who knows but what he's also part Cherokee!:)

Not in the biblical sense Regardless, so often on these boards I'm reduced to Goggling up definitions just to see if what he said is what I thought he meant before I became offended, double entendere being what they are around here.

Goggling? Is that anything like "The Google" (as a famous texan once said)??

Not in the biblical sense Pugwash, as I've always enjoyed the company of women, and have the scars to prove it!!:D

http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/camp

One thing I've really enjoyed on the Cunard boards is getting the opportunity to observe the rich fabric of our language as it has evolved across the water, meaning England of course as there are the Scots.:)

I shouldn't talk however as being primarily Scots/Irish I'm a couple of centuries removed from either and speak excellent Texan and passable English. Even the Texan is of the Trans Pecos variety which has even Texans asking me where I'm from. It's about the equivalent of being from Yorkshire the way I figure it. Regardless, so often on these boards I'm reduced to Goggling up definitions just to see if what he said is what I thought he meant before I became offended, double entendere being what they are around here.

You implying the Cap'n might buckle on a little swash? Or is that a little swish!!

You have a point Nitny, and given that he just found out he was Scottish, who knows but what he's also part Cherokee!:)

Heck, I believe the last time I pressed a button for a language, English was 3 after Spanish and Russian.

Archived