Pros-Cons of Switching from Past Guest to Early Saver?

coconutball4u

I was just wondering what the pros or cons of switching from the past guest to the early saver rate would be? Currently booked on September Victory sailing on past guest rate. If I switched to early saver I could save $30 a person right now. I know deposit would then be non-refundable, but I am insured.

Any thoughts?

I was just wondering what the pros or cons of switching from the past guest to the early saver rate would be? Currently booked on September Victory sailing on past guest rate. If I switched to early saver I could save $30 a person right now. I know deposit would then be non-refundable, but I am insured.

Any thoughts?

I switched a couple of months back for my cruise on the Glory. I saved a couple hundred (party of 5) up front, and then have had 3 price drops since then - almost $500 total.

As we don't change who is going, and as we will be insured before I make final payment, I don't see any negatives, as the only way we are not going is if some insured event happens, and that covers the deposit.

Any thoughts?

On early saver you also get a lower price up to 2 days before sailing. On the past guest you get nothing if the price falls if you are in the penalty phase.

If you have every intention of making that cruise, then I would switch, even for $30, because you can still get reductions beyond penalty and in September, it's a possibility.

Not doing Early Saver seems to be for those who like to book early, but change their mind on ships, dates and even cruiselines.

I would think that for many, anything that comes up that might cancel their plans would happen in the penalty phase, so the ability to save additional money beyond that is great. I haven't read about many that had to cancel, but it sounds like they lost $50 per person and were told they could apply the balance paid to another cruise within a year.

I have one Early Saver booked. The price beat all other rates by $50+ pp (except military, which was $14 pp higher).

On early saver you also get a lower price up to 2 days before sailing. On the past guest you get nothing if the price falls if you are in the penalty phase.

That's a good reason right there.

If you are like us, you know who is going and when you are going so short of a major event, you are not going to cancel. That's why I booked early saver. The benefits outweigh the risk. Plus you have insurance so no worries, I'd switch.

I just got a $30 per person price reduction on Sept 6 sailing on Victory (past guest category). Early Saver rate is now higher than past guest ???

I have considered jumping to Early Saver as well, but have not decided. I think I only have about 11 more days to decide or I pass the deadline.

I was very surprised to see a price drop on a Sept cruise and really don't anticipate anymore. But, I will make a decision before the deadline.

With regards to cancellations, the reason you cancel must be a covered reason. Some folks post as if they can just up and change their mind and the insurance will pay. Not true !

With regards to cancellations, the reason you cancel must be a covered reason. Some folks post as if they can just up and change their mind and the insurance will pay. Not true !

I got the cancel for any reason though...lol.

Thanks for the replies all. I think I may switch. $60 is $60.

Archived