Anyone in Quebec City on a Saturday or Sunday?

Hi,

Are there any ships that are in Quebec City on a Saturday or Sunday? The cruise ships schedule isn’t yet on the Port Authority website.

I always like to meet new people and show them our great city.

If you are in good shape for a walking tour, I could show you around (I’m not a tour guide, it’s just a pleasure for me to show the city to CC Members when I am in town)

If I get too many requests, I'll see which ones work best with my schedule and who seems to most fun people to be with - as I said, I'm not a tour guide, I'm expecting to have fun too :).

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Are there any ships that are in Quebec City on a Saturday or Sunday? The cruise ships schedule isn’t yet on the Port Authority website.

If you are in good shape for a walking tour, I could show you around (I’m not a tour guide, it’s just a pleasure for me to show the city to CC Members when I am in town)

If I get too many requests, I'll see which ones work best with my schedule and who seems to most fun people to be with - as I said, I'm not a tour guide, I'm expecting to have fun too :).

It's so nice of you to volunteer to do that. Unfortunately, we dock in QC on Monday, October 5. We do plan to take a walk/stroll in lower QC, and then take the funiculaire to upper QC and take a Carriage Ride. We would also like to visit the Observatoire de la Capitale. Would you have any other suggestions for us? We'll be there from 9 AM to 9 PM.

We are so looking forward to visiting Quebec City. I looks like such a beautiful city!

Thank you again for your hospitality spirit!

DT

• 4 months later...
Hi,

Hi

How very nice of you to offer

We arrive on Sunday Oct 11, 2009 on board the Maasdam. There are 8 of us.

What do you suggest we do to make the most out of our visit to your city

Hi,

Back in January I had planned to do Carnival's After the Glacier cruise to Quebec, but Carnival later on canceled all their cruises to Quebec for 2009. I then made plans to do the 5 day cruise to Saint John, and Halifax, which I am doing on Labor Day-I figured since I was already on the east coast, I could still see Quebec on my own! So after the cruise, I am flying to Quebec, on Sat. Sept. 12th for 3 nites. My question is, since I'm flying in, is there public transit (ie: city buses, shuttles) that could get one into Old Quebec City? (versus taking a cab?) jp2001-if this fits into your schedule for Sun. the 13th, and there are others interested for a tour, I'd be interested-that's such a nice offer. Thanks! Urbanhawk

It's so nice of you to volunteer to do that. Unfortunately, we dock in QC on Monday, October 5. We do plan to take a walk/stroll in lower QC, and then take the funiculaire to upper QC and take a Carriage Ride. We would also like to visit the Observatoire de la Capitale. Would you have any other suggestions for us? We'll be there from 9 AM to 9 PM.

We are so looking forward to visiting Quebec City. I looks like such a beautiful city!

Thank you again for your hospitality spirit!

DT

Hi DT,

Very sorry I missed your post back then. Here is a blog I made a while ago. Most of the info is still good. The Observatory is a good idea.

http://jp2001-travel.blogspot.com/

If you plan to be in the upper town area for lunch time, we could meet for lunch if you'd like. I have recommendations for many types of restaurants fitting all budgets.

Back in January I had planned to do Carnival's After the Glacier cruise to Quebec, but Carnival later on canceled all their cruises to Quebec for 2009. I then made plans to do the 5 day cruise to Saint John, and Halifax, which I am doing on Labor Day-I figured since I was already on the east coast, I could still see Quebec on my own! So after the cruise, I am flying to Quebec, on Sat. Sept. 12th for 3 nites. My question is, since I'm flying in, is there public transit (ie: city buses, shuttles) that could get one into Old Quebec City? (versus taking a cab?) jp2001-if this fits into your schedule for Sun. the 13th, and there are others interested for a tour, I'd be interested-that's such a nice offer. Thanks! Urbanhawk

Unfortunately, the city bus service to the airport is very weak and inexistant during the weekend. I don't think there is a shuttle either but you could check with your hotel to see if they do have a shuttle. If you like to walk, it would be walkable (down a hill) to get to the nearest bus station but I guess it would be a good 20-30 minutes walk. I could check that out for you or you can call the RTC (bus system) at 418-627-2511.

I might be away from town that weekend, I'll know in about 2 weeks. If I can, it will be my pleasure to show you around on Sunday, Sept. the 13th.

Hi

How very nice of you to offer

We arrive on Sunday Oct 11, 2009 on board the Maasdam. There are 8 of us.

What do you suggest we do to make the most out of our visit to your city

I think I'll be able to show you around. Would it be OK if I confirm by mid-september?

Please email me a j plamondon 2001@ hotmail .com in September so I don't forget.

What is the age of the participants? Fitness level? Any other restriction I should be aware of to prepare the best tour?

Unfortunately, the city bus service to the airport is very weak and inexistant during the weekend. I don't think there is a shuttle either but you could check with your hotel to see if they do have a shuttle. If you like to walk, it would be walkable (down a hill) to get to the nearest bus station but I guess it would be a good 20-30 minutes walk. I could check that out for you or you can call the RTC (bus system) at 418-627-2511. I'll check things out....Thanks.

I might be away from town that weekend, I'll know in about 2 weeks. If I can, it will be my pleasure to show you around on Sunday, Sept. the 13th.

If it works with your schedule-great; but if not, no worries! Thanks for your kindness.....:cool:

I think I'll be able to show you around. Would it be OK if I confirm by mid-september?

Please email me a j plamondon 2001@ hotmail .com in September so I don't forget.

What is the age of the participants? Fitness level? Any other restriction I should be aware of to prepare the best tour?

Hi

I tried emailing you at the address you quoted without success

Thank you for your gracious invitation.

However, we decided to take a minibus tour to the Falls

Thaaak you again

Hi

I tried emailing you at the address you quoted without success

Thank you for your gracious invitation.

However, we decided to take a minibus tour to the Falls

Thaaak you again

Make sure to also walk around Quartier Petit Champlain, it's worth it.

Have fun!

Julie

jplamondon2001 @hotmail.com

Julie, why don't you try http://mailhide.recaptcha.net/ for your email address. That way it won't be harvested by bots and people can just click through and email you directly.

Thank you very much, I didn't know this existed. It's already too late for that email address though, I get so much crap, you wouldn't believe it. I'm thinking about setting up a new address for only friends and family and this new one will never get displayed on the internet.

We are driving to Quebec next weekend. Any hotels that you recommend.

I'm sorry but I don't have first hand experience about hotels. I heard Palace Royal is great if you're looking for a new big hotel in a good location. I sent someone to Hotel Belley once since all big hotels near our offices were booked up and he said it was alright (it's a smaller hotel located in the port area and well priced - close to the Image Mill if you're planning to go see that). There are many small hotels that are alright but I've never stayed there, so I can't really recommend any in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi UrbanHawk,

Could you please email me at jplamondon 2001@ hotmail.com regarding the city tour on Sept. 13th?

Julie

Hi UrbanHawk,

Could you please email me at jplamondon 2001@ hotmail.com regarding the city tour on Sept. 13th?

Julie

Hi Julie!

Replied to your e-mail;not sure if you got it, or perhaps just busy to answer, as it is the w/e. :) Thanks.

Urbanhawk/Steve

Hi Julie!

Replied to your e-mail;not sure if you got it, or perhaps just busy to answer, as it is the w/e. :) Thanks.

Urbanhawk/Steve

I just digged (again) through all the junk mail I get (from posting my email address on Internet) and no, I didn't get your message. Did you remove the blank spaces in the address I posted before to send it? Otherwise it won't reach me.

I just digged (again) through all the junk mail I get (from posting my email address on Internet) and no, I didn't get your message. Did you remove the blank spaces in the address I posted before to send it? Otherwise it won't reach me.

Julie - we'll be in port with the Maasdam on 11 Oct and are interested in meeting you. I just emailed you. Address ext is the doctors.com

Susan

Archived