Upgrade fairy

Sunbeam56

We just received our first upgrade on the last sailing of the Galaxy. They upgraded our oceanview to a Concierge Class cabin. We heard that they were sold out of oceanview and wanted to open some up for more reservations. Someone we met on board paid for an oceanview but since none were available, they received a suite.

Good luck. You never know when the upgrade fairy will visit you!!!:D

Sue

We were on the same cruise as Sue (Galaxy's last sailing), and we were upgraded from an oceanview to a veranda cabin after final payment.

We also got an upgrade last summer on our Arctic Circle cruise on the Century from an inside to an oceanview. Again it was after final payment.

Best wishes on getting an upgrade.

Kathy

I am more of a do it your self upgrader...

We just "upgraded ourselves" to a RS.. seeing as the new price on an RS is 5K LESS than what we had originally booked a CS for.

Probably doesnt count.. but for the prices they are charging, I feel like I got a huge upgrade AND I got money back!!!

:)

When we do our booking, we do not use a Travel Agent but deal directly with Celebrity (usually on speakerphone with my DH). We prod, coax (read whine) when sorting out what we would like.

On our last cruise (South America on the Infinity, March 1, 2009), we booked a TBD balcony and we were given a 2B category in a nice location. On the cruise before (Hawaii to New Zealand, October 2008), we booked an Oceanview 06 ( what I thought was my favourite category) and we were given a 2B balcony. Guess what?? Now, I'm hooked on balcony staterooms.

Surprise, Surprise!:p

Never received a room up grade,but did get a cruise upgrade.We were booked on Century to do a 9 day Western and Southern Caribbean .We were informed that the ship was being moved to Amsterdam to do a 12 night Baltic Cruise.We were given 100 on board credit and allowed to keep our cabin for no additional cost.(Accept we turned a 10 minute drive to the Port into a 10 hour flight).Well worth it.

Did anybody get a visit from the Upgrade Fairy lately on a Celebrity cruise?
Yes, I received my cruise packet in the mail on a Saturday, did my online registration on Sunday. Monday evening my DH came into the room with an email printout "Booking Invoice as requested". I was stumped - already had my invoice & didn't request a new one. Upon scrutiny I noticed the cabin had been changed from Deluxe OV to OV with Veranda. I have no idea why. Didn't submit final payment exceptionally early, have not cruised with Celebrity before (it will be our 4th cruise) and booked directly with Celebrity so it wasn't something "my TA" did. Just lucky I guess.:p

I hope Celebrity doesn't "upgrade" me on my next cruise. I have an AFT CC cabin on Millenium same cabin on a B2B. If they do I want the Owners suite or something like that not just another cc cabin (in some other part of the ship) and that is for both legs of my cruise! Did you hear that Celebrity???? I definately do not want to pack up between cruises and move to another cabin :( ! I don't think I need to worry this will be my 17 & 18 cruise and other than my very first cruise in 1991 on the Sovern of the seas I have never received an upgrade! But I guess I never expected one or asked for one. Just booked a cabin and that was it.:)

What about buying an upgrade when you arrive at the port of departure? On our last Celebrity cruise 5 years ago we paid to get upgraded at the dock for less than the current/latest price differences between classes. Is this last minute purchasing of an upgrade still doable? Our next cruise is in 3 weeks.

-Terry

Archived