LISBON-FT. LAUDERDALE Sea Conditions

jschutz

We are looking at the Nov. 11 T/A cruise (Legend) from Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale. A 12 day sea trip with just one port (Funchal). We have sailed the Legend before - and have done one other T/A - but on the QM II - a much larger ship. As my wife is subject and prone to motion sickness - she is worried about the sea conditions on this size of ship. We would book an A-2 mid-ship catagory but am just curious as to the "average" sea conditions along this route east to west in November. Many of the posters on this board have done repeat trips on this route so would like to hear your past experiences on this trip.

When I did it, the seas were quieter than a millpond. In fact, surgery was performed onboard without problems. Of course, that can vary. The weather was delightful, too. I am signed up for this cruise and know it will be a delightful time.

Well - you guys will be in soooooooo much trouble if it is a rough trip. We did a T/A on the QE2 (or was it the QM2?) and the large size of the ship made it a pretty smooth ride. She is also concerned about the extended sea days - I mean - how many books can you read? Would probably have to go direct into the Betty Ford Clinic upon disembarkation. Then to a fat farm. It just never ends - am looking forward to it.

If you want midship in Deck 4 (best place to be for motion problems) book an A1, not an A2 which is forward on deck 5.

Also, don't forget that the Legend will be taking the southerly route, not the northern one the QM2 sails so the seas and weather are usually much calmer. Of course, there are no guarantees.

We have a reserved booking in an A2 - and the cabin is literally right smack in the center of the ship on Deck 5 - actually right next to the cabin we were in last year. Almost right on the center line so am certain it will be pretty stable. Just trying to figure out how not to go crazy with 10+ days at sea. (Is it cocktail time yet?)

Archived