24-hour hold on room over the phone??

I have put 24 hour holds on a cabin through the internet, but has anyone ever called RCI and put a 24 hour hold on a room over the phone? Can that be done??

TIA

I've inquired about cruises and they have offered to put a hold.

Hmmmm....thanks for all your responses. I have to book 3 possible cabins today and we were all going to decide if we were definitely doing this cruise this evening, but now I'm not sure what to do. Oh well...maybe I'll call and then we'll take it from there, lol. If I can't then I can't.

Hmmmm....thanks for all your responses. I have to book 3 possible cabins today and we were all going to decide if we were definitely doing this cruise this evening, but now I'm not sure what to do. Oh well...maybe I'll call and then we'll take it from there, lol. If I can't then I can't.

If you decide to go call RCI and get a price quote. I do it all the time and then I call my TA. Most of the time my TA is able to do a bit better with the pricing. We've used the same TA for years and she always gives us a discount.

If you decide to go call RCI and get a price quote. I do it all the time and then I call my TA. Most of the time my TA is able to do a bit better with the pricing. We've used the same TA for years and she always gives us a discount.

Interesting.....as per RCI's policies, TA's CANNOT rebate commission to lower the cruise fares to clients ! Perhaps your TA has had group space in the past that had lower fares than currently available though. :rolleyes:

Interesting.....as per RCI's policies, TA's CANNOT rebate commission to lower the cruise fares to clients ! Perhaps your TA has had group space in the past that had lower fares than currently available though. :rolleyes:

My TA gives us a customer discount which I believe comes out of her commission. The cruise fare is pretty similar to RCI. On our last cruise, she deducted $75 from the total. She works in a large well known travel agency all over the area, and yes, I do believe that they probably book group spaces.

Archived