Any deals on 3rd & 4th passengers sharing a cabin?

mrmj

I've been fortunate in the past to find some good deals for a family cruise where 3rd & 4th passengers were either free or very cheap.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any of these deals for summer 2009 or december 2009 or anytime in 2010. Hoping someone can cut down on my searching time.

Thanks!

We booked with NCL using a similar promotion. We got a 100€ discount for each child and my daughter traveled for free, my son only payed something around 100€. But if it was an adult as a 3rd or 4th person he would also have a big discount.

We are traveling in August, booked through their (european) site. I know the prices are different in the US though but u can still give it a try - plus day have one day sale today (again for the US only grrrr).

I've been fortunate in the past to find some good deals for a family cruise where 3rd & 4th passengers were either free or very cheap.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any of these deals for summer 2009 or december 2009 or anytime in 2010. Hoping someone can cut down on my searching time.

Thanks!

Pretty much any Holland America cruise. I know they have free 3rd/4th passenger rates for the Canada/New England cruises this spring (just pay the taxes/fees), but even when pricing a 10-day Caribbean cruise for next January I was getting a rate at less than $300, all taxes included.

We just booked Celebrity Infinity to Alaska for Aug 2009. 3rd and 4th person was $299 in CC and Balcony cabins. I thought the prices were excellent too for 1st and 2nd compared to RCCL. For the same week and similar cabins (balcony), RCL was $1599/$799. Celebrity was $1249-$1289/$299. (CC was $1298 so we paid $9 more p/p for Consierge Class)

Our upcoming August cruise on Carnival the kids were only $145 total taxes/port charges/fees and thats for a balcony cabin. Price whichever cruiselines you are looking into completely out and see. Sometimes you get such a good rate on the 1st and 2nd passengers it comes out cheaper than lines offering free 3rd/4th rates.

Be careful when looking at the prices for the 3rd and 4th person. For our May 31st NCL Sun Alaska trip we got a quote of $99 each but at another site we were quoted 1 cent each! Upon looking into that one further we realized that they did not add on the port charges which brought it up to the NCL site's quote. Remember that most sites quote a price and then you have to add on taxes.

NCL has extended their sale til today, Friday March 27th. Take a look, you may find a bargain

PS Leslie, what date is your cruise?

Carnival is having a sale for this weekend "only" ;)

You have to be careful when you base your cruise solely on 3rd/4th rate price. First of all, make sure it's a GOOD cruiseline. Make sure it's a family friendly cruise line (free is not always good). And check the 1st/2nd rate first.

Some of the Carnival rates are lower overall than any other cruise line.

We got a deal on the 3rd passenger inside cabin on our trip the end of May from Alaska on Princess Sapphire. We were going to put the boys (9&10) in with us in our balcony cabin....3rd and 4th persons were about $499 each. Then I got notice of a reduction and my college age daughter found out she could come - we booked the three of them in an interior cabin across the hall for basically the same price as including the two boys in our balcony! ($199 for her; $399 for each of the boys - all fees included) Prices to Alaska are very good this summer!

YEAH....DH and I get our own balcony cabin (the first time we've ever had a room to ourselves!) - (we have 8 kids all together but only 3 are joining us for this trip, leaving babies at home & older ones are working)

Deals like this makes you think about bringing along your own teenager or grandma for "evenings" and other times you might need some times alone with your DH.......

Judy

PS Leslie, what date is your cruise?

We're sailing 6/14 . . . looks like we'll be there a couple weeks after you. You'll have to report back when you return. We're taking our DDs ages 6 and 7 and my nephew who is 8.

Leslie

Thanks!

As others have noted the deals abound, we got 50% of the fare for the first 2 for our cruise last year. I see promos for even cheaper deals by snail mail weekly and almost daily in my email.

One note of caution is that often the cabins that allow 3 or 4 passengers are few on many ships and last year my number one choice cruise sold out of the cabins for 3/4 more then 6 months ahead. Its always a difficult choice, book early to get the cabin and generic promo, or wait till the end and find they actually don't have the cabin on the ship/date you want :mad:

As others have noted the deals abound, we got 50% of the fare for the first 2 for our cruise last year. I see promos for even cheaper deals by snail mail weekly and almost daily in my email.

One note of caution is that often the cabins that allow 3 or 4 passengers are few on many ships and last year my number one choice cruise sold out of the cabins for 3/4 more then 6 months ahead. Its always a difficult choice, book early to get the cabin and generic promo, or wait till the end and find they actually don't have the cabin on the ship/date you want :mad:

Good point! Many families are now taking advantage of the free kids or $99 deal, so often those quads go fast. On our upcoming MSC cruise, the inside quads have been sold out for a looong time.

CeleBrat

Archived