Document Dance includes blue folder

Colakid

Just picked up our documents for our upcoming 15 day repositioning cruise aboard the Maasdam leaving Fort Lauderdale in 6 weeks. Ours came in the traditional blue folder as we had grown to know and love. One thing DW noticed immediately was no blue pins to wear when boarding. How disappointing for her. Everything else seems in order but in a quick read noticed they officially do not allow power bars brought on by passengers but to ask for one at the main desk. If this something new or just missed by us on previous cruises. This day and age of many electronic devices one needs a power bar just to keep up to the"Jones". I know we are on vacation but these habits are hard to give up. Off to dance the afternoon away. Colakid

Congrats on the doc dance. Glad you got them in a folder. By "traditional" do you mean the powder blue one with the HAL logos all over? If so, this isn't what I'd call traditional. That, IMO, is the dark blue leather/pleather wallet with "Holland America Line" embossed on it. Semantics, I guess. ;)

... they officially do not allow power bars brought on by passengers but to ask for one at the main desk. If this something new or just missed by us on previous cruises.
I had heard that on this forum, but have never seen it in print. Our most recent cruise was December. Probably another one of those things that vary by ship! :) Sometimes it seems like HAL is 14 semi-autonomous cruise lines! :D

Congratulations oon getting your documents in the BLUE case!!

There was a discussion some time ago about HAL not wanting passengers to bring their own power bars but to ask for one at the front desk. I don't remember everything that was in the thread.

Was this mentioned on a card? Or in the Know Before You Cruise Booklet?

Hi Krazy Kruizer- DW found it in the "Know before you go" booklet on page 18. It is listed under electrical appliances.

Hi Jim; It is the darker blue that we have had for the last two most recent cruises. They do not compare to our previous folders of the 80's or 90's.

Colakid.

LOL… Just for clarification, the “power bars” you are discussing are electronic power strips/outlets, correct? When I first read the OP I thought they were talking about what I eat between breakfast and lunch (lol). I was starting to get a resentment towards HAL telling me what I can and can not eat:o.

Thanks,

John

Hi Krazy Kruizer- DW found it in the "Know before you go" booklet on page 18. It is listed under electrical appliances.

Hi Jim; It is the darker blue that we have had for the last two most recent cruises. They do not compare to our previous folders of the 80's or 90's.

Colakid.

Just checked page 18 in our booklet -- think we have an old one. Ours talks about the various dining options.

It was included in our documents for our up-coming cruise which we got weeks ago.

Thanks!!

LOL… Just for clarification, the “power bars” you are discussing are electronic power strips/outlets, correct? When I first read the OP I thought they were talking about what I eat between breakfast and lunch (lol). I was starting to get a resentment towards HAL telling me what I can and can not eat:o.

Thanks,

John

John, I am glad to see that I'm not the only one that first made that mistake! ;)

Corie

I guess your cruise is before May 9. That is when they start the no more mailed docs. Ours is May 10th so we had to print ours out.

Hi Crusinjudy,

Just so maybe others will know that are cruising HAL in the future, you can still get docs mailed to you. It’s just a simple request your TA can make to HAL.

Have a great cruise!

John

Congrats on the doc dance. Glad you got them in a folder. By "traditional" do you mean the powder blue one with the HAL logos all over? If so, this isn't what I'd call traditional. That, IMO, is the dark blue leather/pleather wallet with "Holland America Line" embossed on it. Semantics, I guess. ;)

That's what we got, although I'm not sure I would call it powder blue. But it sure isn't leather/pleatherette!:D

Just checked page 18 in our booklet -- think we have an old one. Ours talks about the various dining options.

It was included in our documents for our up-coming cruise which we got weeks ago.

Thanks!!

It's not in my latest KBYG either. Circa October.

I am with you to John, I was eating my Quaker Oats bar while I was reading and thought well D--- I always bring them with me.:o

We got our express docs today and I was disappointed but I am doing the dance! I check with our TA and was told if we wanted paper docs it would cost us an additional $50:eek: I guess I will use one of my other wallets from HAL.

Kathy

I check with our TA and was told if we wanted paper docs it would cost us an additional $50:eek:

Kathy

No way Kathy, your TA wants to charge you that much:eek:

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, but I would have had a real issue if my TA came out with that charge:(

John

Needless to say I was not pleased but he said it came from HAL, I just looked at my e-mail and I guess I deleted the message now I wish I had saved it. We leave on May 13th.

I am glad I will be cruising soon though:p

Kathy

I don't think it's a charge by HAL but rather from your TA. All I know is I called my TA as soon as the anouncement was made and told her I want my paper docs delived like always. She kindly said fine, and that was the end of it (no additional charges).

Oh well, as I said before no big deal, you have a cruise coming!:D

John

I had heard that on this forum, but have never seen it in print. Our most recent cruise was December. Probably another one of those things that vary by ship! :) Sometimes it seems like HAL is 14 semi-autonomous cruise lines! :D

When we were on the Statendam in December, I recalled the thread here but there was no power bar ban in our KBYG booklet ... on embarkation day, as we were unpacking, our steward came by all smiley-faced and offered us one of the HAL power strips. I suppose that was his was of introducing himself that first day, and his offer of the strip was most welcome. We didn't even have to visit the Front Desk ... now that's service.

The new booklet does make mention ... that version is viewable/printable on the HAL site. On the online checkin page, there is a link to the PDF document.

Archived