What to buy in St. Thomas?

llmoyer123

I've been to St. Thomas twice before on cruises; I found the best buys were for linens, jewelry and crystal. I actually found the shops cheaper than the "specials" on the ship. I have heard that if you go to a store that is owned by a merchant from India that you have bargaining power because they have a ritual that if they do not make a sale to the first person that enters the store, they will have a bad selling day. I don't know if that is actually true and perhaps someone from India would be offended by this but that is what I heard from someone who shops there all the time. I never made it to one of those stores to be the first customer in to try it myself. Have fun shopping!

I have heard that if you go to a store that is owned by a merchant from India that you have bargaining power because they have a ritual that if they do not make a sale to the first person that enters the store, they will have a bad selling day. I don't know if that is actually true and perhaps someone from India would be offended by this but that is what I heard from someone who shops there all the time. I never made it to one of those stores to be the first customer in to try it myself.

Your very, very right about this. I have seen the store sell an item way below their cost just to make that first sale of the day.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

St Thomas is world known for the Jewelry and Diamonds. This small region will sell double the amount of Jewelry in a short seasaon than the entire United States in a entire year.

The signiture piece that screams St thomas is the 6 Carat diamond ring with side stones of Diamonds that are 3 carats each. A lot of world known celebs pick up their jewelry in St Thomas while touring in the Caribbean.

Want to see a natural pink diamond ring like J Lo had? Want to see an Intense yellow 10 carat diamond ring like Jerry Seinfelds wife, shop St Thomas.

Usher just made a stop in St Thomas to buy Jewelry, some young lady in his life is going to be very happy that he shops St Thomas!

The prices are lower on some models and may be the same on a a few others. The difference is the larger selection and being a duty free port. They are limited by the watch manufactuirer as to how low on the price they can go. What I do suggest is that when you are purchasing your Rolex to pick out another item in the store and drive the price down on that item. It's called bundling. They know you are a serious buyer when you purchase a fine watch and will bargain like crazy with you on a asecond or third item. Get a watch for yourself and maybe aring or bracelet for another member of the family. You'll be surprised how low the prices can go down when you start bundling.

In St Thomas the authoroized Rolex dealer is Jewel's Salon at AH Riise.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Even better, Caribbean Blue. My dh was watch shopping a few years ago and indicated he thought the price would be just a little better. Salesman said that was as low as he could go on the watch, but he offered a very pretty bracelet for the lady (me), for free.

Archived