Car rental at Heathrow?

phabric

We will be landing in terminal 5 and renting a car from National at the airport. Where are the car rental desks? Are the cars at the airport or do they shuttle you to an area to pick the car up?

You can just go to the shuttle outside. They will take you to the car rental station outside of the terminals.

Unfortunately it's not as comfortable as in Pearson...

Regards,

HeinBloed

You just exit the terminal and go to the car rental pick up zone and wait for the National van to come and get you. They run every few minutes. All the car rental places are out on the perimeter road by T4 and there are no cars directly at the airport terminals themselves.

The National rental place is a big operation. I've used it several times. In fact, I'm using them again myself in three months. They're very efficient and friendly with tons of cars. It's right by the runway, BTW, and you will be stunned at the sight of the planes taking off so close to you. The noise is incredible and it's quite a sight to see. You can't get much closer that this at Heathrow!

Archived