What am I missing?

readytolose

This is the first time we are taking the kids on a cruise and I'm starting to freak out! I'm so paranoid I will forget something and they won't let us on the ship.

A little background:

I am remarried, so the kids have a different last name from my husband and I. We are taking along our 2 year old grandson (with his mother).

I have a notarized letter from the kids dad giving them permission to travel and be treated for medical issues (even though I carry the insurance, I just didn't want to leave anything out)

I only have the letter for my 12 and 14 year old sons. My daughters are 18 and 19 so I assumed I didn't need one for them. Is this correct?

My daughter got a notarized letter from her sons dad as well.

I have birth certificates for all the kids. My marriage and divorce papers so there is a "trail" stating the kids are really mine. The girls will both bring their drivers licenses. The boys aren't old enough so they won't have an ID. Do they need some type of ID?

My husband and I have passports but the kids don't. They don't NEED a passport right? I read something in my travel documents about passports for the kids. I thought we didn't need them until June 1st.

We are doing the Western Caribbean route. Is that considered international? From the RCCL website:

International Sailing Requirements:

U.S. Citizens:

Valid passports and visas (when needed) are required.

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I'm just really worried I forgot something.

The 18 year olds don't need permission from anyone--they are adults in the eyes of the law!

The little kids don't need picture IDs--you need them for 16 year olds and up. You do NOT need passports until June '09. Their BC is fine.

I don't think you've forgotten anything!

I am so glad you posted this. I hadn't even given it a second thought. My daughter has a passport but has a different last name for my husband and I, not to mention she looks nothing like me. Its actually kinda funny she looks more like her step dad (who has been around since she was 3 months) than her bio dad, her bio dad's sister was the first person to point it out... sorry rambeling. Anyways, I will make sure I bring her BC for our cruise. I don't have a letter from her father stating it is ok for her to travel, do you guys think her passport will suffice... he did have to fill out a form allowing her to get a travel passport.

I asked this specific question of my pvp for my upcoming cruise in June. I will be traveling alone with my 14 year old son and my 9 year old step son. He told me that if the child has a passport, then you need no letter from the absent parent, due to the fact that they had to sign to allow a passport.

• 2 months later...
I asked this specific question of my pvp for my upcoming cruise in June. I will be traveling alone with my 14 year old son and my 9 year old step son. He told me that if the child has a passport, then you need no letter from the absent parent, due to the fact that they had to sign to allow a passport.

Is this correct? I will be traveling alone with my son in July. He does have a passport. So I do not need to have my ex sign anything? (He knows we're going on a cruise).

Is this correct? I will be traveling alone with my son in July. He does have a passport. So I do not need to have my ex sign anything? (He knows we're going on a cruise).

That's not what Carnival says in all of its printed and online material. And it's not for Carnival, it's for customs and homeland security. Carnival won't ask for it, but the govt might. ;)

Here is the link to the info (it's the same for Non US Citizens too) - at the bottom of the page...

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/United_States_Citizens.htm

And it says....

Traveling with a Minor

When traveling with a minor where both parents or legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parents/legal guardians authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this affect is required if debarking with children in Mexico (sailing one-way and not returning to the cruise).

Archived