Rome in limo info?

Lawnordergeek

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to plan our time in Rome and want to see as much as possible during our short time in port. I know there are other posts about price quotes and information all over these boards but with all my searching I can't seem to find that info I KNOW I've come across before......please help! those who have used romeinlimo before or any other company that was equally as good and comparative in price....thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to plan our time in Rome and want to see as much as possible during our short time in port. I know there are other posts about price quotes and information all over these boards but with all my searching I can't seem to find that info I KNOW I've come across before......please help! those who have used romeinlimo before or any other company that was equally as good and comparative in price....thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Here, try the Ports of Call boards: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

:)

Recently, I have seen good reviews of Rome Cabs. In the past, I have seen much praise for the one you mentioned.

Or you could hire me. I'm better than all of them! All you have to do is pay my cruisefare. :)

We chose Driver in Rome after much research on the Mediterranean - Eastern & Western forum here on CC.

Daniele (our driver and co-owner of the company) was FABULOUS!!! No way we could have seen nearly as much as we did without them.

We were so pleased with them we wished we had booked them for Livorno (Florence/Pisa) too instead of the ship-sponsored tour. But then, hindsight is always 20-20. :cool:

Here is our review of our stop in ROME:

Our day in Rome was our favorite day on the cruise!!! We walked right off the ship because we had our own guide reserved through Rome in Limo (info@romeinlimo.com). Do NOT try to see Rome on your own - you CAN see all of the best sites in one day using Rome in Limo! It is sooooo worth it! This was our one splurge on the trip and we were so glad we did it.

Francesco from Rome in Limo was there for us at 7:50 a.m. and off we went. He was an absolute delight! He told us all about his city and showed us many amazing sights, all in the comfort of an air conditioned Mercedes! He drove us right up to everything and all we had to do is step out and see things and take pictures. We were able to see Palentine Hill, the Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, the outside of the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine, the Tell the Truth Fountain (in the movie Roman Holiday), the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, Castel Sant'Angelo, and much more all before lunch! We threw our coins into the Trevi Fountain to ensure we will return to Rome one day. Francesco took us to a special, secret place that was absolutely amazing! I don't want to ruin it for anyone who might be able to get to Rome to see it, but let's just say that it was the most amazing key hole we have ever seen. And then, Francesco was even amazed because the doors opened! He said that he had been there hundreds of times and only 3 times had he seen the doors opened. It was very, very special!!! We then drove over and explored the Pantheon, which was also amazing. We found the best gelato near the Pantheon.

For lunch, we ate at Piazza Navona, one of the most beautiful squares in the world. We just had about 45 minutes, so we had quick salad and panninis. After lunch Francesco took us to our guide, Sara who was to take us through the Colosseum and the Vatican. (Costs extra, but very worth it!) What an amazing afternoon! We breezed past the lines right into the Colosseum. Sara was very informative and it was really neat to be inside the famous Colosseum.

Francesco then zoomed us over to the Vatican. Sara got us in a back entrance with only a short security line, and then it was into the Vatican Museum. Wow! It was amazing and breathtaking and overwhelming. Sara is an expert in Art History, so she made it all come alive and was so informative. We saw roman statues, beautiful tapestries spun with silk and gold, the famous map room, and of course, the best part of the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel. It was much larger and more impressive than we had imagined. The vivid colors and beauty of the paintings were incredible. Sara then took us via St. Peter's square into the basilica. What an amazing place. It was huge! And it was filled with several sainted popes lying entombed in wax or metal. We rubbed a famous statue's feet as is the custom for good luck. It was so huge and overwhelming - so much to see, but an amazing, unforgettable experience! We were exhausted on the ride back to the ship, but we would not change a thing! It was so worth the money to have Francesco and Sara show us around Rome. We highly recommend them!!! If you only have a day in Rome - use Rome in Limo, you will really get your money's worth.

We used Aldo of Your Tour in Italy (http://yourtourinitaly.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=26). Loved Aldo and the tour! He was very knowledgeable and made our day a lot of fun. We did so much in one day. One of the biggest complaints we heard among the other passengers was how they didn't get to see everything they wanted in one day.

I recommend Aldo very highly!

Thanks for your reviews Aprille and Cruisinpatley! Would you mind letting me know what the cost was for your day tours? how many people were in your parties? Thanks again for the info!!
We paid 550EU plus 120EU for a Vatican guide (plus tips, all applicable entry fees, and lunch) back in Oct 2007. We only had a party of 4 so that's why I couldn't convice the other couple to book privately for Livorno too! After Rome they wished we had because it was worth every penny and then some!

We chose Driver in Rome after much research on the Mediterranean - Eastern & Western forum here on CC.

Daniele (our driver and co-owner of the company) was FABULOUS!!! No way we could have seen nearly as much as we did without them.

We were so pleased with them we wished we had booked them for Livorno (Florence/Pisa) too instead of the ship-sponsored tour. But then, hindsight is always 20-20. :cool:

I second the vote for Driver in Rome. We used them twice and was very satisfied both times.

There were 3 of us and the cost in June, 2008 trip was as followed in Euros: the driver: 650 + tip, the tour guide 200 + tip, the Vatican ticket 13 pp (include the guide), the Coliseum ticket 11 pp (include the guide). It is pricey, but as I stated above this was our one splurge and we really enjoyed it. We thought since we only had one day in Rome and wanted to see as much as we could, we felt it was worth it. Good luck.

Rome Cabs was amazing, we had Marco, picked us up at the port and drove us to the foot of every attraction. We only had 1 day to see the city, was worth every penny. He got us in to the Colosseum without even standing on line plus we think he paid for lunch since the waiter told us we already paid! I recommend him to everyone.

We used Driver In Rome............. Danielle was wonderful. We got emails for several months before the trip. They answered all kinds of questions. The van was roomy and the driver knew exactly when to take us to the Vatican at the right time........after the long lines had gone down. Our day was glorius and unforgettable. We can't wait to do this again. There were six of us and not one person was disappointed.

Hey everyone!

This tread might be helpful ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=920069

I second what cruisininpatley had to say. We used Romeinlimo and I can't say enough about them. Duman was our driver and what an experience that was. I won't go into details because you probably know what I'll say and I don't want to waste my monitor ink. One thing you can do is get on the thread for the cruise you're on and see if someone wants to share the vehicle with you. It'll cut down on your expenses and it's fun to share this truly remarkable tour with. We had 6 in one vehicle and 8 in another and never felt crowded, rushed or delayed. We still converse with the people we shared with last October. We cannot wait to get back there and use Romeinlimo again.

We also used romeinlimo for Rome and for Florence/Pisa. I would use them again. We had a great tour and did just what we wanted to do. The driver let us pick and had good suggestions also. We saw so much and enjoyed it all. I am sure we would have missed so much on our own. It is all close together, however finding it all would have been a chore. I do not regret one penny of the cost. On their web site, I see the prices have come down some.

We also used romeinlimo for Rome and for Florence/Pisa. I would use them again. We had a great tour and did just what we wanted to do. The driver let us pick and had good suggestions also. We saw so much and enjoyed it all. I am sure we would have missed so much on our own. It is all close together, however finding it all would have been a chore. I do not regret one penny of the cost. On their web site, I see the prices have come down some.

We are booked with http://www.romeinlimo.com in May with a driver. Should I still buy my tickets online to such sites as the Vatican, etc?

• 3 weeks later...

We are using RomeinLimo for Rome, Florence and Pisa, and Pompeii and Amalfi in May. Can anyone provide detail information of the tours. What we get to see from outside or from the car and places we actually get to go inside? How much time we have between attraction? Are we rushed all the time? Detail informatin will be greatly appreciated.

Archived