Idea for San Diego

Turtle Woman

For those of you who will be in San Diego and have already seen everything* I would like to recommend a walking group called "Walkabout". They have a walk somewhere in San Diego almost every day. You can check their schedule at http://www.walkabout-int.org/.

For those who have not been in San Diego before and don't want to spend a lot of money, you can walk downtown to Horton Plaza, south to Seaport Village, or take a trolley to Old Town. My favorite destination is Balboa Park, with its compact museums and pleasant Zoo, but you would have to take a bus or taxi to get there.

Stephanie

*don't think that is possible. I've lived here 50 years and haven't seen everything, but I admit that there is a "been-there, done-that" generic quality to such San Diego tourist attractions as Seaport Village and Sea World.

My favorite destination is Balboa Park, with its compact museums and pleasant Zoo, but you would have to take a bus or taxi to get there.

Not necessarily! DH and I walked to Balboa Park from the cruise pier a few years ago. But I will admit that by the time we'd done that and then walked all around the zoo, I wimped out and demanded to take a taxi back to the ship! And that was even the downhill direction. :D

Archived