Can you bring a can of soda into the dining room?

holdon216

Yes, when we sailed with our girls, the youngest was 18 and we got her the soda card. Well, at dinner, the sodas are served by the bartender....which like everyone else stated.....is nowhere to be found if you are not ordering liquor. So, that cruise which I hardly ordered wine at dinner...the other dghtr and dh and I drank tea or water (which happens to be brought by the server and not bartender).....the baby dghtr would get her coke half way thru dinner and never got a refill. I found this very frustrating. That card was useless......unless you want to stand up and shout for a coke at dinner.

The next cruise I ordered a bottle of wine or so......no problem getting that.

We always bring about 6 cans of diet and regular coke plus water for the room. We take the small piece of luggage from our set....with no cushion....and check it in with the rest of the luggage....we have never had a problem so far with breakage.

I tried a 12 pack of 7 UP last October, as carry on. They took half from me, guess they was thirsty! Will try again, its only a couple of bucks, if they take half again. No room in checked baggage to smuggle.

Is there any way to bring a keg of beer on board?...just curious.

I think the cans would be tacky. Except if you have children who like their special brands of soda or can drink amazing amounts of soda at diner.

I like Club Soda instead of water. But in the dining room when I order club soda I'm rightly charged for it....however one time, I KNOW I got charged each time they topped up the half empty glass instead of by the 'can'. It was close to 25 dollars for club soda. And trust me I didn't drink all that..they topped up the glass and charged as a 'soda'. No, I didn't question. It wasn't worth the grief.

Next time I'll buy a few bottles of 'elegant' looking sparkling water at ports, and bring those for the table.

I am seeing people say that coke cans at the table are tacky.

And maybe they are.

But I did notice last cruise that at a table next to mine they would have several cans sitting on the table before the people came in. I don't know who put those there, but figured that it had been arranged with the drink waiter.

So, is it okay to bring in a drink?

Yes

Is it tacky?

Who cares?

Just a question because I haven't done it. When you bring a glass of wine from your cabin to dinner what do you bring it in? Do you have your own wine glass or do you get one from the cruise ship. Is glass allowed on deck? Thanks.

Just a question because I haven't done it. When you bring a glass of wine from your cabin to dinner what do you bring it in? Do you have your own wine glass or do you get one from the cruise ship. Is glass allowed on deck? Thanks.

You ask your room steward for a wine glass[es] or pick them up at any bar. Carry them anywhere. Glass is allowed anywhere except the pool areas.

Wine glasses may be in your room when you board.

Dan

I DO remember reading on one thread about kids under 12 getting free soda in the dining room. I asked a Carnival agent. That use to be the case but was discontinued a few years back. RATS foiled again!!! As for getting the soda and any liquor on board i have read many, many people write that there is a duty free shop right outside the terminal. They say you can tuck the purchases in your carry on and no one says BOO!!!! Gonna try that.

I read a tip somewhere on this board that children are allowed one free carbonated beverage with their meal in the dining room. Don't ask me where I read it... don't remember. :confused:

Can anyone confirm this policy in the main dining room? And if it is true, what age does the policy cease to apply?

This is no longer the policy. Soda is not included at dinner for anybody.

I DO remember reading on one thread about kids under 12 getting free soda in the dining room. I asked a Carnival agent. That use to be the case but was discontinued a few years back. RATS foiled again!!! As for getting the soda and any liquor on board i have read many, many people write that there is a duty free shop right outside the terminal. They say you can tuck the purchases in your carry on and no one says BOO!!!! Gonna try that.

Where are you sailing from? San Juan is the only terminal that has the duty free shop inside the terminal. Otherwise, you have a couple options - carry your soda on with you, or place your soda/smuggled liquor in your checked luggage.

Yes...you can take a can/bottle of soda into the diningroom with you! I know this for a fact as I tried to get a 20-oz Sprite from my diningroom server, but was told it wasn't available. She told me to get one at one of the bars in the atrium and bring it with me to dinner, which I did every evening!

Did I think it was tacky? NO! I don't care for the tea they serve and only drank sodas at dinner time, so I didn't need a soda card. Besides, who cares what others think?

:cool:Bill

i really don't think it's tacky at all, the restaurant is part of the ship. carnival permits you to bring a "reasonable" amount of soda on board, there's no difference if you drink it in your cabin, on deck or in the dining room. if you think people are going to comment, get a glass from any bar and no-one will know the difference.

the only place i would consider in to be tacky is in the supper club, as the main dining room is included in your cruise fare, where as the supper club is like going to eat in a restaurant on land.

Archived