Recommendations for Hotel in Boston ...

EbayCruiser

I have been reading about recommendations for a hotel in Boston and had a question. We do not arrive at the Boston Airport until 4:00 p.m. for an overnight stay before our cruise.

Probably will not have enough time for much sightseeing??? Too late for Old Trolley Tour??

Should we just stay at a hotel at the airport or downtown?

I'm seeing Club Quarters at $219 - That's about the cheapest refundable reservation you will get now and it is right in the middle of the financial district - you can walk everywhere even at night. However, please read about the hotel - it is a business hotel, not a full service hotel. Personally, I would reserve a refundable room and keep an eye on the Boston Hotel prices. I am seeing a lot of deals if you want a nonrefundable room. The Embassy Suites at the airport is a similar price. The advantage to downtown is that you can walk to Quincy Market Friday night and enjoy the shops and the restaurants. Saturday morning you would have a chance to walk over to the Boston Common and walk part of the Freedom Trail before you take a cab to the ship.

Thanks for the recommendation about a downtown hotel. We went ahead and booked the Hyatt Downtown with a AAA rate, just a little more than the Club Quarters. It sounds perfect for us and that way we can see a little of Boston Friday night and early morning. We also can cancel this room with 24 hrs. notice if we find something better.

Can't wait!! :)

Perfect choice! I like the Hyatt for its location and price. Glad you got a good deal - since it became a Hyatt the prices have really gone up. It is a full service hotel and the area is safe to walk in at night. If you exit through the garage, the orange and red line "T" stop is 1/2 block away up Chauncey St.

Archived