Port Or Starboard?

SunFunCruiser

I'm going to be sailing the same itinerary next year! We've booked an aft.... it's still coloured as D1 but priced at D2!

My guess is that Port heading South would give most land view but that would depend on the light when at sea. Please don't take my word for it.... there will be people out there sailed the same routs will have a better idea. Have you thought of posting this on the RCCL board?

If it's the Inside Passage from or to Vancouver, you're banded by land for most of the trip so either side gives you a great view. We choose the port side for our northbound cruise because we like the warming afternoon sun and sunsets.

If it's the Inside Passage from or to Vancouver, you're banded by land for most of the trip so either side gives you a great view. We choose the port side for our northbound cruise because we like the warming afternoon sun and sunsets.

This is the intinerary:

Seward, Alaska; Hubbard Glacier (Cruising); Juneau, Alaska; Skagway, Alaska; Icy Strait Point, Alaska; Ketchikan, Alaska; Vancouver, British Columbia

I am of the opinion that side doesn't matter on the inside passage Alaska cruises. Most of the cruise has land on both sides, so if land is your interest it doesn't matter. If your sunrise person, then choose Port, or if your a sunset person then choose starboard for the southbound cruise.

Scott

I tend to agree that is really doesn't really matter, the advantge of the port side southbound is that you may see just a bit more scenery over all but on the starboard side you may see the Hubbard Glacier first and for just a little longer. In addition I rather like the starboard side view southbound when going thru Seymour Narrows. Oh heck now I don't know which to choose. I know that both sides depart and arrive at the same time though.;)

Archived