It's Official! The MVP List! Margaritas VIA Paradise!!!!

parrotheads

Yes! That's Right! Tom has officially named the BEST List! His Margaritas VIA Paradise LIST! The MVP List!

I'm on it and so is Quincella!

So thanks Tom! And when do I take delivery of my new car? Can you have it sent directly to Dallas instead of Cozumel? But I want British Racing Green (instead of a lime green:eek: )in a convertible if you don't mind! Tom, you ROCK!

So ...calling all MVPers to Paradise Beach!

MVP's ROCK!:D

I have a party of four coming to Paradise Beach on January 8.

We are already down for the VIP list - gotta try one of those coladas...

But we definately need to be on the MVP list - three of the four of us anyway. One of our party doesn't care for 'ritas. (I think he was terrified by a giant lime during his childhood - or perhaps has nightmares of salt shakers - Ha Ha - don't really know why - but he doesn't like them - prefers scotch and water)

Anyway - the other three - we are die hard parrotheads.

Tom, bring on those luscious 'ritas, on the rocks if you please, with salt, a slice of lime and a slice of orange (little trick we learned from our favorite 'rita bar here in Alabama)

See you January 8!

and Paradise is everything you read on these boards and more. This was the first time we had been back to Cozumel since Paradise opened and I was really looking forward to an excellent experience. I was not disappointed. The best nachos I have ever eaten (and I have had them everywhere) and the coolest of frozen drinks.

I have a very low tolerance for alcohol and Tom's bartender has a heavy hand, so it was a wonderful combination!!!

We brought our table mates with us (since they had no clue what to do in Cozumel and just wanted a good beach). They talked about the great experience (*and nachos) for the rest of the cruise.

Thanks again Tom and Freddie (our drink connection) for a wonderful time. Good talking to you and we will definately make it our place to go in the future.

I also sent some folks we met at open seating lunch to Sally's for putt putt. (sorry Tom ... they don't do the beach thing) I never got to see them again, I hope they made it...because if they did...I know they had a great time.

The next cruise is Alaska in July....but if we squeeze one in this Spring...we will see you again!!!

Linda

Coming to PB in May! I believe I should be on the list because there is a pitcher of 'ritas in my frig right now chilling for tonight!! I'ld rather have a cold rita than a glass of wine at night!

Does that qualify me for membership?

kjuneaComing to PB in May! I believe I should be on the list because there is a pitcher of 'ritas in my frig right now chilling for tonight!! I'ld rather have a cold rita than a glass of wine at night!

Does that qualify me for membership?

ABSOLUTELY Kjunea!!!

and

Quincella, I like the T shirt idea! I was also thinking of buttons that say MVP.

Any suggestions! I know why don't you book a second cruise and join us there on Dec. 26th?

parrotheads...I have good news and bad news. Indeed part of your European convertible is BRC green...the left rear fender, I believe! The bad news is that the officials at the border won´t let me export the '72 Super Beetle 'cause it doesn´t meet their arbitrary "safety standards"! We can get along perfectly fine with half a floor, smashed headlights, no seatbelts, no reverse (it´s hard to find on a bug anyway!) custom bumpers (hit a tree when I accidently found reverse!) etc. here in Coz...why can't they let you drive it there? I mean how important is a passenger door anyway???

Damn Government regulations! Sorry, guys, I know you were really looking forward to your new car but i guess you can drive it when you visit!

kokonut...you are now bi-listial!

LHP...thanx again for visiting, it was nice chatting with you...see ya in the spring!

Kjunea...impressive resumé! Give me an exact date so I can pen ya in!

Well, Damn those American Safety Standards...:mad:

Well... Let's just make the most of it!:)

We'll be arriving on December 26th on the Grand Princess. :DAnd since I now own my very own "sort of British Racing Green convertible" I just called Hertz and cancelled my rental car for that day!:D

Do I pick up the car at the cruise ship dock or at PB?

Unfortunately, we are only there for the day! Will PB be able to store it for us until we make permanent arrangements?

Tom, winning this "award" has been a life changing event!

McCoy and I have decided since we now own "property" in Cozumel, we might as well start making plans to relocate there! (especially after the day I had today!)

I wonder if any schools are open on Dec. 26th. I need to pass out my resume for an elementary or middle school teaching position for next fall.

It will take us that long to sale our home, quit our jobs here in TX, and sail our 37' sloop Orion (its a Hunter Legend 37.5) to Coz. We've decided to live aboard while our little green bug is parked dockside in a comfortable marina. Know of any available 40' slips?

So...in the mean time..we are wasted away again in Margaritaville...

Marcia and McCoy

aka parrotheads:D

Hubby and I will be on the Miracle the week of May 22-29! I will definitely look for you! Nothing better than sitting on the beach, watching the water shimmer in the sun and drinking a cold 'rita! Of course, nachos, salsa and guachamole help too!

This is definitely a beach day for us! Just save us a place under an umbrella, since we both be pale-ish (him more than me!)

And I can teach any grade from K-12! I've always considered myself to be more a island person than a landlubber.

Now if I can just convince hubby that he could find an accounting job there.....

Tom, We will be visiting Paradise Beach on Feb.3, off the Coral Princess. Please put our name on your list for 2 of those Pina coladas, they wound great. Do you have cool t-shirts advertising your beach? I am from Camada, so I'll bring you a Canadian treat. What would you like? Sue and Joe:) I can't wait, its getting pretty darn cold here!!!!

Parrothead....what a cool thing you've started here! :D Remember the t-shirt idea? I think PB should sell them! VIP and MVP Club....people would flock from around the world just to get them! Could be the best souveniers in all of Cozumel....

Enough of that...8 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Since there obviously will not be any margaritas left anywhere on Cozumel after the 14th, I am putting in my order for several pina coladas on the 16th! Tom, you'd better be there! I'm looking forward to the eye candy, since everyone says you're a good looking guy. Just make sure you suck in your stomach all day....I'll have my camera with me! See you soon!

On January 12th a few of us CruiseCritics from abaoard Elation will be paying our first official visit to Paradise Beach---we have been to Coz many times, but have ALWAYS gone directly to Passion Island exclusively. So this will be our break with tradition! :)

We very much look forward to pineapples filled with coladas and a plate of nachos we've been hearing so much about.

We'll be looking you up early on the 12th as our ship comes in by 9, Tom. We are soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom if this picture doesnt prove what hardcore margarita drinkers we are nothing will. Its a 2-stroke weedeater motor moded to run on race gas. We take it to the Glamis sand dunes in California. If theres anyone who knows margaritas its Arizonans :) So what about this VIP list we will be there Dec. 23 , please add 2 AZonies , we will see you then !!

blender.jpg

parrotheads...Your fine German engineered two-seater (had to take the back seat out so we could add oil to the engine while driving!) convertible is still in the shop, but they assure me that it'll be ready by the time you get here!!

The schools will be closed, but I'll be happy to shop around the resume on your behalf...good luck with that!

Good news about the boat! We should have our pier finished by the time you sail down, so just tie up to the dock and get on with your new life! We'll supply you with a radio so you can order food and drink from onboard!

About the t-shirts...lemme run it by EL Jefe. He should be in town in a week or so...

kjunea...you'll be here the same week as my birthday! We'll have some drinks and convince your hubby to stay on the island...hasta la vista!!

Suzanne E...You are on the list and yes, we have a logo shop with t-shirts etc. to show off to your frozen compatriots back home!

Canadian treats?...mmmmm.....beer! :D If you could bring in a can or 2 of LABATTS CLASSIC, I might just weep with joy!

Where are you from in Canada?

Quincella...great idea...now we have to convince the Guy Who Pays The Bills! :eek:

lindnet...16th? of this month? Jeez. Better get on that treadmill so I can look good for the camera!

You're on the list...see ya soon!

almitra...you have been listed! I have pier duty in the morning and get to the beach at about noon-1pm depending on how busy it is on the pier, so don't leave till I get there! I hate missing out on fellow CCers...hasta la vista!

michaelaz...Damn!! you guys are HARDCORE!! :eek: I'll make sure the bartenders are on their game that day!!! ;)

Alright...since we won't have shirts by next Tuesday (12/14) :rolleyes: , I'm going to need a yard of 'ritas AND at least one pineapple when I get there just to get over my sorrow! I'll be the first one there, drooling, waiting...... :D

Tom, I'm so glad my German convertible will be ready for us by Dec. 26th! :D I've started practicing a stick shift again by driving my son's Mustang (reverse is hard to find on his car as well) I usually try to avoid reversal situations!:rolleyes: I'm also practicing my college "German" so I can swear at her in a native tongue just in case she needs encouraging! You know...The way you describe her sounds like a car right out of the movie "Captain Ron"!

In fact, as you describe my award... you are starting to remind me of that same captain. Have you ever seen the movie? Well, I'm bringing you a copy of it for Christmas! Do you play DVD or VHS?

Great news about the boat dock! Hey! Maybe we could start a daysail/snorkel type of business out of PB?! It's gotta pay more than teaching!

MVPers ROCK!!!

Marcia & McCoy

Quincella...the yards and pineapples are just sitting there waiting for ya! They said to say "hi" when I tucked them in for the night!

parrotheads...I´m gonna figure out how to post pics one day, and I´ll put your wheels up for everyone to see!

Capt. Ron...yeah, saw that movie soooo long ago! Dvd is fine, thanx!

Maybe I could use your boat for pineapple deliveries. The original pineapple boat is getting VERY old. Almost as old as your car;)!!

gambler...6 karate moms?...cool! Maybe you could chop the tops off yer pineapples and save us the work! See you next month....

Tom,

I have been influenced enough!

PLEASE count me (and my wife of course) in for the VIP list on December 21st!

We decided to rent a car and bought a map, but no specific time to be anywhere since we will be in Cozumel all day.

I want to spend plenty of time at PB, but also want to get the flavor of the city with my three sons (14,12,8). Do you have any suggestions?

Well, fellow MVPers tomorrow we set sail (actual we go to Galveston first) for our Christmas on the Grand (Princess that is...)! So I just wanted to see if there were any MVPers out there!

Margaritas'svia Paradise !!!

Oh! Be on the lookout for a 1972 convertible Super Beetle with 1 British racing green fender. It was stolen :mad: from Paradise Beach recently by a highly organized group of car thieves. It is probably still on the island! If you see it contact the local police and/or Tom at Paradise Beach immediately!

Archived