Disney Cruise: 7 Nights, Quad Cabin

tlbuckingham

I have been looking into taking my first Disney Cruise with a 17 year old and a 14 year and my wife (in September 2009). They have a quad cabin for under $3000 and was wondering how the accommodations were (hey besides me they are all females).

The room I am looking at is a standard inside but if needed I would upgrade to a oceanview.

Your thought?

If you are looking at booking a cat. 11 or 12 inside stateroom, you may want to consider booking at least a cat. 10. This is also an inside stateroom, but has the split bath (toilet & sink in one room and another with sink & tub/shower). This makes it much easier when everyone is trying to get ready at the same time. Cats. 4 - 10 all have the split bath. The cat. 10 inside stateroom is the same size as the oceanview staterooms so unless you want the oceanview there isn't a benefit to upgrading.

Also, if DCL is giving you the option of booking a cat. 12 for 4 people, you will automatically be upgraded to at least a cat. 11 as the cat. 12 cabins can only sleep 3 people. If you do book a cat. 12, it can only be booked as a GTY, meaning you cannot choose your cabin - DCL will assign it to you a few weeks before sailing.

Have fun planning!

ETA - I just wanted to add that there are a few "secret porthole" staterooms that are sold as cat. 10 insides but that actually have a porthole. They were originally sold as oceanview staterooms, but were recatergorized because they have obstructed views. They are a nice way to get some natural light without having to pay for it! They are #5520, #5522, #5524, #5020, #5022, #5024.

Wow - that's a great price. Depending on what the price are you might be able to book 2 inside cabins for only a couple of hundred more and not have to squeeze 4 into the cabin (2 teen gals + 2 adults = a lot of turmoil, IMO). I would rather have 2 inside cabins than 1 outside. Just my opinion.

I have been looking into taking my first Disney Cruise with a 17 year old and a 14 year and my wife (in September 2009). They have a quad cabin for under $3000 and was wondering how the accommodations were (hey besides me they are all females).

The room I am looking at is a standard inside but if needed I would upgrade to a oceanview.

Your thought?

I just pulled up prices through my TA and the total cost of 2 Category 12 cabins is only $200 more than 1 quad cabin. Now while a Cat 12 is a guarantee DCL will "link" the reservations and do everything they can to put them near each other, especially if the ship's capacity is not that full. For $200 I'd rather have 2 cabins -- you would have to "book" one adult, one child per cabin, but then switch once onboard. Good luck!!!

Archived