Love the Wii Fit

Anyone using the Wii Fit program? We just purchased this not to long ago and just love it. Winter has been so rough and can't get outside much. We live out in the country and 30 miles to the nearest fitness center. The Wii has been an enormous boost to my fitness program. Just wondering if anyone else enjoying it and what they think of it?

• 2 weeks later...

I met a couple of people on my last cruise who have purchased the Wii fit program and seem to really enjoy it. I don't own one am not certain if the bowling program is part of Wii fit, but I tried that at my nephew's place and had a lot of fun!

Bowling (and baseball, golf, tennis and boxing) are part of Wii Sports. They are fun! The Wii Fit is great too! I've lost 7 lbs in a month (which included almost a week in Las Vegas drinking, eating well and sitting on my butt all day, so in my world that's pretty impressive). I desperately need to lose more, but hate "exercise". If it feels like exercise, I won't do it. Wii Fit makes it fun so I feel like it's something I want to do, not that I have to do.

Hi Ive just been on mine for an hour or so and my bmi has come down lots with diet and exercise.Ive had a bad back and it has helped my posture alot and now my back is feeling better too.It is raining today so it is ideal to shut myself in the conservatory and do something worthwhile.I love it! You will unlock more programmes the more you use it too!

Sharron

I've been at it for 40 days now and have lost 6 to 7 lbs. What I like about it--it's like having a trainer right in my home. Challenging myself is also fun, try to see if I can beat my last score. I find I'am a lot more conscious of my posture. I hear they have a new one out now that is a "golds gym"challenge---I need to do more push-ups.:eek:

Does anyone have a fav. or a I hate excersise? The yoga "tree" is my worst!! Love the balance ones!!

I haven't yet successfully done the yoga tree, or a couple other poses. Maybe when I'm less than 100 lbs over my idea weight it'll be a little more manageable.

I love the balance games too. I'm pretty good at the bubble, with my best score of 27.98 seconds. And not bad at table tilt. My husband and I sort of have a competition going with table tilt. I'm winning so far. :p

I wish the "Free Step" was 10 or 20 minutes like Advanced step. Advanced is kind of like dancing, so it's interesting to me. Free Step is just step up, step down, repeat ad infinitum. Boring!! We haven't yet figured out the aerobic boxing...

I've been on the program 40 days and have lost 7 lbs too. I was feeling like I was making slow progress, so it's good to hear I'm not alone. I definitely feel a lot better, and my knees, which have been troublesome all my adult life (2 surgeries on my right one) are happy enough to go up and down stairs normally. That wasn't the case prior to getting Wii Fit. I'll keep my eye out for the Gold's Gym version!

I haven't yet successfully done the yoga tree, or a couple other poses. Maybe when I'm less than 100 lbs over my idea weight it'll be a little more manageable.

I love the balance games too. I'm pretty good at the bubble, with my best score of 27.98 seconds. And not bad at table tilt. My husband and I sort of have a competition going with table tilt. I'm winning so far. :p

I wish the "Free Step" was 10 or 20 minutes like Advanced step. Advanced is kind of like dancing, so it's interesting to me. Free Step is just step up, step down, repeat ad infinitum. Boring!! We haven't yet figured out the aerobic boxing...

I've been on the program 40 days and have lost 7 lbs too. I was feeling like I was making slow progress, so it's good to hear I'm not alone. I definitely feel a lot better, and my knees, which have been troublesome all my adult life (2 surgeries on my right one) are happy enough to go up and down stairs normally. That wasn't the case prior to getting Wii Fit. I'll keep my eye out for the Gold's Gym version!

Congrats on keeping with it. Seems like I need to do it every day or I feel like my day is missing something. I started the advance boxing yesterday OMG I'am NOT ready for that yet! The free step should be more fun (like the free run) they could at least put some good music with it.

I enjoy this comparison, it's interesting to know how others are doing. They say taking pounds off slow is a sure way of keeping them off. Hope that's right.

• 3 months later...
Congrats on keeping with it. Seems like I need to do it every day or I feel like my day is missing something. I started the advance boxing yesterday OMG I'am NOT ready for that yet! The free step should be more fun (like the free run) they could at least put some good music with it.

I enjoy this comparison, it's interesting to know how others are doing. They say taking pounds off slow is a sure way of keeping them off. Hope that's right.

LOL.. I feel like a cyber stalker.. LOL.. but I realized today I have not seen you on the NCL board in so long I wanted to make sure you were ok and to let you know I miss your postings over there.. 8-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I was thrilled to find this thread. I have been thinking very seriously about getting the WII Fit, but so far haven't done it yet. I don't know anyone who has it, and it is a big investment. But, I LOVE LOVE LOVE any sort of games, and with equal measure HATE working out. I am trying to lose weight, and have been pretty successful so far, though lately any losses have been much smaller than I'd like.

So, it sounds like everyone here who has a Fit loves it. I know some games come with it (I'd be buying the whole package, as I don't have a WII either), but is there anything extra anybody would recommend buying besides the basic package? Games, extra pieces, etc? Or any games that I shouldn't waste my money on?

Thanks!

Amy

I use the WiiFit for the yoga and balance stuff. Aerobics and weights I do in other venues. Actually looking into a new Crossfit studio that opened up a mile or so from my house.

One word of caution...don't put the WiiFit board on an area rug on top of a carpet or on any surface that has any give, you'll get false readings.

• 9 months later...

I have the wii fit too and lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks prior to my cruise. I have since joined a local gym and still find that i play on the wii fit too.

I would not bother buying the pieces (sports pack with the tennis racket the golf club the bat)...the remote just goes into it and really isn't worth the money. I bought 'circus' and it's ok, but not really challenging. I have the biggest loser and it is not at all what i expected. No music and very boring, although challenging on your body. I expected to see some 'out of the box' workout routines and such and boy, i was disappointed.

I love the balance games and my bubble pops everytime right before I get to the end...congrats to the poster that made it and with a sweet time too!

Archived