Well I finally did it after over 10 years

dfishner

I have sailed RCL on almost every class for quite awhile, and decided to take our family on a cruise. With all the cut backs and no discounting on RCL ships it made it out of reach for us to book royal. A couple of days ago I called Carnival and booked two rooms on the Imagination for a whole lot less then it would of cost me on Royal.

I have sailed only one Carnival ship and that was the Sensation over 10 years ago..I still remember all that purple lol. We actually liked our cruise and to this day I do not know why I did not continue with Carnival. I guess that party thing stuck in my mind. I also remember how great the entertainment was so I am not sure there is any reason why.

I am very excited about the Imagination especially for our grand kids and our daughter who have never set foot on a cruise ship. I cannot wait until I see their expression when they see the Atrium or the water park. For us we will see how Carnival had changed over the years even though it is still a Fantasy ship I know they made upgrades to the it. If I had my choice I would of like the Destiny since we never been on that class of ship but I am still very happy about our choice.

I still like RCL but they are starting to be out of our reach and with all the cut backs to their program lately I am find them less and less of a value for price paid for. If we would of taken RCL instead of Carnival it would of made us Diamond but I could not do it because of price for almost the same itinerary and the same date.

I don't think you will be disappointed. RCL has a more refined decor, but other than that, the two lines are very similar in my opinion.

Go in with an open mind and be intent on enjoying yourselves...after all, YOU'RE ON A CRUISE!!:D

Have fun!

I too want to say, go and have a great time. I've been on the Imagination twice and both time's the service couldn't be beat....probably the best of all my cruises. I'll be on her again the beginning of May and am looking forward to waterworks and the serenity area.

RCL has a more refined decor

I hope you don't mind if I steal your phrase sometime. On other threads, I've tried to describe what used to draw me to RCL. All I could come up with was that they have beautiful ships. You said it perfectly. I do think that Carnivals decor got better after the Fantasy class ships though. This opinion is based on pictures I've seen of other class ships. I will find out in person in September on the Legend. So far, I've only been on Carnival's Fantasy class ships.

Archived