Disembark in Copenhagen ? re: transportation for 5

The Emerald Princess arrives in port the night before disembarkation in Copenhagen. My specific questions are:

1) What time can I expect to be able to disembark? We would not be doing a Princess transfer and need to make a 12:30 flight out.

2) I have read there are taxis....would there be taxis that could accomodate our family of 5? Luggage would probable be 5 checked and 5 carry-on.

3) I have contacted a private transport service and had a quote of $190...would this be the best way for my family to go?

4) We have never been in any hurry to disembark any cruise before as we were spending time in the city, but alas not this time. Any pointers in making sure am able to get off the ship efficiently? We are all mobile and handle our own luggage...:p

Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide!

True about 2 seperate cabs...I had not thought of that. Thanks HeinBloed, I contacted the company and cannot make reservations until 30 days out. I will try them again in June.

Does anyone know with docking the prior evening if we can disembark rather early if we are arranging out own transportation? And if so, is there a ready supply of taxis...as I said previously we have never had a deadline to meet before.

Thanks again for the great tips!

Hi,

We have an 11:50 a.m. flight out of Copenhagen when we depar our ship in June. You should have no problem. Make sure you arrange with the ship for an early time to leave the ship so you will be at the airport two hours before your flight. When the ship arrives the night before, the departures start very early the next day.

Taxis line up early in CPH and the road to the airport is quick and easy even in the morning. This is an easy port to manage with very little in the way of obstacles as opposed to my experiences in Genoa in the rain UGH

How do you pay for the taxi? Can I use USD or credit card or their currency? Thanks

I used my credit card. No, can not use USD. Local currency, the Danish Kroner, yes, but with a credit card, you can minimize the need for, or amount of, local currency. Also, tipping is not necessary in Denmark.

Jayslater,

We fly out of Copenhagen via SAS on July 15th. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and tell you what an easy time I had disembarking, finding a taxi and arriving in great time for our flight. :D

When you said you flew thru Germany I panicked and had to check my reservation. We fly CPH to Newark to Denver and I didn't want any more tiring stops as we have to spend the night in Denver and drive 5 hours to home:eek:.

Archived