Does anyone do the Supersaver fares

kiraryker

I had booked before the super saver rates came out. The reservation is for 5, Dream family room, I got a break when the fuel surcharge went away, keeping my fingers crossed it stays away. The there was a sale and the price came down, got adjusted. Last week I saw by using the super saver rate I could save $300. Now even if I have to change dates I am still $50 ahead so I changed. I would say that if the cost of changing yuur reservation, $50 per person is less that the adjusted rate then go for it, you have nothing to loose, unless you can see a reason why you might have to cancel and not cruise within a year. So far my reservation has dropped $680 with the above adjustments.

I booked super saver for July 2009 but I booked regular for June 2010 but when it comes closer, I will change it to a super saver rate.

How do you change to a supersaver rate once you've made the reservations and paid the deposit? We are looking at sailing Dec 2010 that is why I'm hesitant

I booked the Early Saver rate for May '10. It was even cheaper than the interline rate that we qualify for.

I'm going on the cruise, unless I'm dead, and then I won't care if I get the deposit back or not.

How do you change to a supersaver rate once you've made the reservations and paid the deposit? We are looking at sailing Dec 2010 that is why I'm hesitant

I sent an e-mail to my TA, asked her to change me to the super saver rates and within an hour had the new confirmation in my mailbox.

I booked for 12/09 on the supersaver rate. My only question to the PVP was a joking one. "What happens if I get divorced and want to change my travel partner?" His answer, "At Carnival, we're all about reconciliation. You would have to cruise with your ex." For the money it will save, it's the only way to go. I did, however, invest in the travel insurance.

I originally booked with the Past Guest rate. The Early saver rate wasn't out yet. I was a little iffy about not getting the deposit back if we couldn't go on the cruise, but the low rates made up my mind and I called my PVP and had him change it to the Early Saver rate. I don't book a cruise unless I intend to take it and if I have to change the date, no problem. I'm still going on a cruise. The lower rate makes the difference!

We were military rate first, then called the PVP and switched to early saver rates. We know we are going barring a major event so it's not much of a risk. It was actually higher than the military rate but only by $4pp and I thought the chance to get price drops was worth the extra $8 in fare.

So far price has only gone up though so no drops in site. Hoping for a big one but very happy with the price we got if it doesn't drop.

Even with all the steep fees for making changes or risk losing your deposit if you need to cancel???

Just wondering if it is worth a risk to save $500

I think you have the rates confused?? Or Im confused with your post. There is no penalty if you cancel before final payment with super saver.

.... just with early saver. Are you sure you aren't asking about the early saver rate?

I had already booked my November cruise. I got a $150 savings by switching to the super saver rate. Since I pay a single supplement, it was worth the risk to get the lower rate.

What risk?? Why not change to early saver rate and save even more?

Even with all the steep fees for making changes or risk losing your deposit if you need to cancel???

Just wondering if it is worth a risk to save $500

If you are really sure you will not have to cancel then do it. If you have any doubt. Spend some of the $500 on trip insurance. We buy the insurance anyway after reading the postings of the very wise on CC.

Archived