New perk for Elites/Suites

dsawyer

Can anyone tell me if the Elite Lounge has made its way to the Star yet? Maybe we have just been lucky, but we have always had our "write-ins" accommodated on the canape cards. A few times, no strawberries were listed, so we have written them in, with a sincere "please" and a smile face, and they magically turn up in our room! :)

The Star didn't have it in May but that could change any time!

I just spent some time on the phone with Princess and they say that the elite/suite cocktail hour/lounge has been rolled out on all ships and that you should get a card in your cabin explaining where to go to partake. I will see in September on the Emerald.

I just spent some time on the phone with Princess and they say that the elite/suite cocktail hour/lounge has been rolled out on all ships and that you should get a card in your cabin explaining where to go to partake. I will see in September on the Emerald.

Thanks skellis and Lynda90 for the info. I am hopeful that we will get to experience this on the Star. Always looking for something new to do!!!

Sounds great!:)......... I was just wondering, was that 'Chairman of the board' a martini?

If I am not mistaken it is the manhattan. I could be wrong, I definitely know I drank plenty of dry manhattans at Crooners. After a while the lines on the drink menu get wavy.:o:);)

My DH Alan has posted below, and I have to admit to not reading every line on this thread so I'll add what I hope is new information. We recently got off the Tahitian and there were only 71 elites I was told. This was our first cruise as elites. We had the early dinner seating so normally we went to the elite cocktail party from 5:00-5:45. It alternated between the Steak House and Sabaini's, depending on which was serving dinner that night. Sometimes we were the only ones there for the first half hour! At least on this small ship, they tended to have lots of senior crew in attendance who spent a lot of time just chatting us up, which of course was nice. There was a beautifully decorated table every night (flowers, fruit carvings etc.), and I tried the drink of the day just about every night. We were told to feel free to "bring guests" if we wanted to, and they didn't have to be elites. Only once did we do that, inviting the computer instructor who I thought was the very best I'd ever had on Princess.

Frankly I was concerned that Princess might discontinue this perk on some of the ships because of low attendance. But everything I have heard indicates it will go fleet-side. We'll be on the Coral for 30 days later this year and I surely would like to have it available. It's especially nice to have it with anytime dining because I found we really missed talking with friends (and meeting new ones) because we had to leave at 5:45 every day.

My DH Alan has posted below, and I have to admit to not reading every line on this thread so I'll add what I hope is new information. We recently got off the Tahitian and there were only 71 elites I was told. This was our first cruise as elites. We had the early dinner seating so normally we went to the elite cocktail party from 5:00-5:45. It alternated between the Steak House and Sabaini's, depending on which was serving dinner that night. Sometimes we were the only ones there for the first half hour! At least on this small ship, they tended to have lots of senior crew in attendance who spent a lot of time just chatting us up, which of course was nice. There was a beautifully decorated table every night (flowers, fruit carvings etc.), and I tried the drink of the day just about every night. We were told to feel free to "bring guests" if we wanted to, and they didn't have to be elites. Only once did we do that, inviting the computer instructor who I thought was the very best I'd ever had on Princess.

Frankly I was concerned that Princess might discontinue this perk on some of the ships because of low attendance. But everything I have heard indicates it will go fleet-side. We'll be on the Coral for 30 days later this year and I surely would like to have it available. It's especially nice to have it with anytime dining because I found we really missed talking with friends (and meeting new ones) because we had to leave at 5:45 every day.

Seeing that you just made Elite status and there were 71 Elites on board, did you get invited to the Captains lunch or cocktail party?

If I am not mistaken it is the manhattan. I could be wrong, I definitely know I drank plenty of dry manhattans at Crooners. After a while the lines on the drink menu get wavy.:o:);)

If I remember correctly it was a martini named after Frank Sinatra. Dry gin martini.

Bayarea, are you taking the b2b coral from La-FL via panama canal? This would give you the 30 day cruise. I was thinking of doing this one also. we did the 19 day RT LA-Panama Canal on the Island in 08 and the Coral in09 and we stopped at the Gatun Locks and turned around. I think this is a lot of fun for cruisers to be on the busiest part of the highway of the seas in the canal.

Bayarea, are you taking the b2b coral from La-FL via panama canal? This would give you the 30 day cruise. I was thinking of doing this one also. we did the 19 day RT LA-Panama Canal on the Island in 08 and the Coral in09 and we stopped at the Gatun Locks and turned around. I think this is a lot of fun for cruisers to be on the busiest part of the highway of the seas in the canal.

Yes that's our 30-day B2B. Huge draw for us is no flying and a friend in L.A. will take us to the ship, pick us up AND keep our car while we're gone.

Seeing that you just made Elite status and there were 71 Elites on board, did you get invited to the Captains lunch or cocktail party?

If there was a cocktail party just for elites we didn't see it. In any event, the captain did stop by the elite lounge regularly. We tend to eschew (look THAT up in your Funk & Wagnalls:D) the multi-invitee captain's cocktail because there's nothing special about it - generally watered down drinks and long wait in line to get in.

If there was a cocktail party just for elites we didn't see it. In any event, the captain did stop by the elite lounge regularly. We tend to eschew (look THAT up in your Funk & Wagnalls:D) the multi-invitee captain's cocktail because there's nothing special about it - generally watered down drinks and long wait in line to get in.

They hold either a lunch or special cocktail party for the top 40 cruisers - whether Elite or Platinum. Sometimes the higher number cruisers opt out of the affair & the others get to fill in. I guess you didn't make it.:( There would have been a special invitation with an RSVP.

Ah yes, the top cruisers lunch/cocktail is a different ball of wax entirely. The cut-off for this past cruise was a mere 200 days to qualify. On any of the larger cruises, I'd say the number of days to merit an invitation would be much higher. We did have good friends who were invited to the "Most Traveled" luncheon on the Tahitian, and they said it was fantastic - better food than in the dining room, quality drinks, etc. I was envious but even after our next 30 days, we'll still have only 198 days.

They hold either a lunch or special cocktail party for the top 40 cruisers - whether Elite or Platinum. Sometimes the higher number cruisers opt out of the affair & the others get to fill in. I guess you didn't make it.:( There would have been a special invitation with an RSVP.

Except if it's on like the Tahitian. Then it was for around 20 people.

On the Royal B2b in Nov. 08 there were 6 or 7 tables at each

luncheon. That would probably equal around 40 folks.

I didnt take a count but it was lunch for more than 20 I am sure.

I have never seen anyone order a drink (they serve red and white wine)

but I understand it is possible to do this.

Unless they have cut down the numbers recently, I have to agree with Earl here. Last time we sailed on the Tahitian, there were somewhere between 30-40 at the most travel luncheon held at Sabatinis. But you never know, they may be cutting down to the top 20 most traveled now. Guess we will see in a couple of months. ;)

Just recently off of the Star. We were invited to Skywalkers practically every night of the cruise. Unfortunately we could not go as we were with a group not in suites. We did ask and received the strawberries all of the time.

• 1 month later...

We are just off the Star and made it up to the Elite/Suite area almost every night it was available. However, we never got there before 6:30PM and it closed down at 7PM. Maybe we missed the good stuff, as about all that was available each night were some cheese wedges, cheese sticks, crackers and olives. I'm not complaining, just stating the facts! LOL! (We certainly did not starve on this cruise!) It was pretty much empty in Skywalkers by the time we got there, but it sure was a great place to take in the beautiful views. It's nice to have some different perks to enjoy on our cruises. Thanks, Princess!

Yes Karen, the items you mentioned were there every night. Sounds like you missed out on the special hors d'oeuvres of the day. We were recently on the Tahitian and always went early as we had early seating. I'm an adventurer when it comes to food and drink:cool: - DH is pretty much a beer and chips kind of guy:mad:. But we loved the concept of just the elites and suites getting together - not because we're snobs; we just found that it was so easy to join others and make new friends in this smaller "captive" group.

In case you didn't read my review of our lovely week on The Ruby, I want to let everyone know of a great new perk Princess has rolled out.

On 5 of our 7 days, Princess had a wonderful and exclusive lounge set up for Elites and for those booked in Suites. It was held in Skywalkers from 4:30 each afternoon to 8:00 p.m.

We were told that our group was the first group to enjoy this new perk and that is going to now be introduced fleetwide.

Each evening that the lounge was opened, there was a drink special for just for that day. It was not like the drink of the day that the rest of the ship has. These were made with the premium alcohol and were fabulous.

The special drink was only $5.00 per drink and it was worth it. One could order any drink you wanted but paid regular price unless it was the special drink.

The only one I didn't care for was the "Chairman of the Board", but I gave mine to my husband and he loved it.

As for the appetizers, they were wonderful and different from anything I have ever eaten on a cruiseship. No canapes!

This turned out to be the best place on the ship for pre-dinner drinks. It is card contolled.

You will love it! :)

Actually, the perk we enjoyed most was the private breakfasts in Sabatini's for the suites... They gave us great attention and it made for a quiet, enjoyable breakfast.

Actually, the perk we enjoyed most was the private breakfasts in Sabatini's for the suites... They gave us great attention and it made for a quiet, enjoyable breakfast.

I agree.

We think that is the best new perk for suites that has been offered in some time.

Mike:)

couple of questions if i may

with laundry and internet service as a perk for suites,

will they iron (not launder just iron) shirts for us?

with wifi in rooms will we be able to use own computer in room for free internet

thanks

Archived