New perk for Elites/Suites

dsawyer

What is so special about it, if you have to pay for the drink. At least on Celebrity and RCCL they give a glass of wine for free.......

I'm wondering what they give you. A double Saphire martini (and it has to be a double if ordering a martini ) cost $10 on my last Princess Cruise. So a $5 price would not be bad. I know the special is supposed to be premium brands, so I'm curious what/how much they give ya?

Maybe what we are all forgetting here about 'why don't they give us free drinks or 2-4-1', is that they do give us a mini bar....although it would be nicer if they would replenish it on longer cruises.

I guess we think that; if we are going to a bar for a drink at during that time period, why not go to the Skywalkers area. It is a savings! Granted not that much, but some.

I'm wondering what they give you. A double Saphire martini (and it has to be a double if ordering a martini ) cost $10 on my last Princess Cruise. So a $5 price would not be bad. I know the special is supposed to be premium brands, so I'm curious what/how much they give ya?

I think it entirely depends on the bartender on duty on your ship. We have found that the bartender tends to be the same for the duration of the cruise, and as he/she gets to know you, the 'friendlier' they become.

We were just on the Crown Princess Oct 3-13 and as Elite passengers received invitations to the Happy Hour in the Skywalker Lounge. It was a great place for a sail away party, meet our cruise mates, and have a small snack and drink before dinner. Having this beautiful lounge was a surprise treat.

I hope this is continued in the future. :)

Hello, we are just off the Ruby transatlantic. The Elite lounge was opened to Platinum members for this sailing. I don't know if this is a trial or just for that one sailing.

The buffett quality seemed to be better if we got there early as it wasn't so picked over.

Yes, we liked it still but not nearly as much as we did when we were on The Ruby in March. I think the buffet quality seemed to have gone down-hill, somewhat.

Archived