New perk for Elites/Suites

dsawyer

In case you didn't read my review of our lovely week on The Ruby, I want to let everyone know of a great new perk Princess has rolled out.

On 5 of our 7 days, Princess had a wonderful and exclusive lounge set up for Elites and for those booked in Suites. It was held in Skywalkers from 4:30 each afternoon to 8:00 p.m.

We were told that our group was the first group to enjoy this new perk and that is going to now be introduced fleetwide.

Each evening that the lounge was opened, there was a drink special for just for that day. It was not like the drink of the day that the rest of the ship has. These were made with the premium alcohol and were fabulous.

The special drink was only $5.00 per drink and it was worth it. One could order any drink you wanted but paid regular price unless it was the special drink.

The only one I didn't care for was the "Chairman of the Board", but I gave mine to my husband and he loved it.

As for the appetizers, they were wonderful and different from anything I have ever eaten on a cruiseship. No canapes!

This turned out to be the best place on the ship for pre-dinner drinks. It is card contolled.

You will love it! :)

In case you didn't read my review of our lovely week on The Ruby, I want to let everyone know of a great new perk Princess has rolled out.

On 5 of our 7 days, Princess had a wonderful and exclusive lounge set up for Elites and for those booked in Suites. It was held in Skywalkers from 4:30 each afternoon to 8:00 p.m.

We were told that our group was the first group to enjoy this new perk and that is going to now be introduced fleetwide.

Each evening that the lounge was opened, there was a drink special for just for that day. It was not like the drink of the day that the rest of the ship has. These were made with the premium alcohol and were fabulous.

The special drink was only $5.00 per drink and it was worth it. One could order any drink you wanted but paid regular price unless it was the special drink.

The only one I didn't care for was the "Chairman of the Board", but I gave mine to my husband and he loved it.

As for the appetizers, they were wonderful and different from anything I have ever eaten on a cruiseship. No canapes!

This turned out to be the best place on the ship for pre-dinner drinks. It is card contolled.

You will love it! :)

Sounds great!:)......... I was just wondering, was that 'Chairman of the board' a martini?

Thanks for the heads up on this, sounds great. Princess seems to be really increasing their benefits for full suites now. And Elite status is looking better by the day..........nice job Princess. And again, thanks for alerting us all.

Thanks so much for the info, what a great way to spend the early evening hours and consume even more calories!:eek:

Jenn, elite starts after 15 cruises or 150 days on board. It is the next step up from Platinum.

I hope this is fleet wide by the time we board the Caribbean at the end of August - we will definitely look forward to it on the Ruby next winter. :)

Does anyone know if it will be possible to bring a guest along for the evening - my parents will be cruising with us next April and we would love to be able to have them join us an evening or two. They will be celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary.

Thanks so much for the info, what a great way to spend the early evening hours and consume even more calories!:eek:

Jenn, elite starts after 15 cruises or 150 days on board. It is the next step up from Platinum.

I hope this is fleet wide by the time we board the Caribbean at the end of August - we will definitely look forward to it on the Ruby next winter. :)

Does anyone know if it will be possible to bring a guest along for the evening - my parents will be cruising with us next April and we would love to be able to have them join us an evening or two. They will be celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary.

I am sure there won't be a problem as long as they are traveling in a full suite or an Elite passenger.

Haven't experienced this yet, but my guess, they will be checking cruise cards at the door for something like this. If they allow guests for one, they will have to allow guests for all. ;)

Yes, they checked cruise cards. My husband was allowed to come with me and he is not Elite. However, if someone in another cabin wanted to come with me, I doubt they will allow that. But I don't know for sure.

The idea is that this is an Exclusive Lounge for Elites and Suites.

We are on the Ruby Transatlantic in April and will look forward to this new perk. This is the first time I am reading about it..when was it announced? We are loyal Princess cruisers and these perks make sure we do not stray!! Great PR move from Princess.

Happy Cruising...

Thanks for straightening me out about elite and "Elite"-- my brain must be fried from returning to work after cruising! We were trying to decide whether or not to take 1 3-day coast cruise to reach platinum before taking our upcoming two week Australia cruise. But looks like this would not be a relavant aspect! Thanks again.

The impression I got was that this new benefit would be fleetwide almost immediately.

Those elites cruising this week may very well find this perk available on their ship.

I sure hope you are right!! I leave on the Star on April 17th. That would be a WONDERFUL surprise to have the new perk available! Fingers crossed! :D

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to trying this soon.:)

DavidnSteph

Here is to hoping we can experience it on our upcoming cruises! It would be great it you could let us know if it is available on the Coral. Then I might actually be able to experience it on the Star!

Have a nice cruise! :D

The impression I got was that this new benefit would be fleetwide almost immediately.

Those elites cruising this week may very well find this perk available on their ship.

Am I reading your first post right? They are replacing the daily delivery of canapes for suite passengers? I was actually looking forward to the chocolate covered strawberries. lol.

Here is to hoping we can experience it on our upcoming cruises! It would be great it you could let us know if it is available on the Coral. Then I might actually be able to experience it on the Star!

Have a nice cruise! :D

Hi Jamie, I'll be interested in hearing whether you get this on your cruise. I'll be on the Star shortly after you and am hoping this perk will be in place. :p

We are not elite yet and have always enjoyed going to skywalkers for a pre dinner drink.

So I question we can not enjoyed the view any more!

Remember ..we steerage stay below:eek: Ah, the gold old days :D

Archived