Just off Caribbean Princess 3/29/09

BURNSMN

We departed at 11pm and the muster was at 8pm. We ate lunch at the Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe after boarding. Also went back to the Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe after the muster drill for dinner. Sailaway party started at 9:00pm.

Forgot to add that the traditional dining room would not let you enter if they thought you didn't have enough time to finish before muster. They reopened right after muster was finished.

How was air conditioning in the cabins? I hear there are reported

problems on that ship.

Air conditioning was fine in the cabin. Kept thermostat at lowest setting and drapes closed when not in cabin.

Could you list the dinner themes each night and which was your least favorite? Which night was the seafood buffet in Cafe Caribe?

Thanks.

Sunday-Sailaway Buffet

Monday-Welcome Buffet (Seafood)

Tuesday-Bavarian Buffet

Wednesday-Rice Table Buffet

Thursday-Princess Buffet

Friday-Gala Buffet (Seafood)

Saturday-Creole Cookery

As far as least favorite we don't really have one night. The two seafood nights would be the best with shrimp cocktails, crab legs, and lobster claws.

The Mexican lunch buffet was from Noon to 2:00pm on Wednesday which was the Bonaire Day. It was located in the Cafe Caribe.

Hi, we will be on CB May 3, Southern Caribbean. Was the seafood buffet on Sailaway Day? Also, have you posted your review yet?

Thanks, Deb

Hi, we will be on CB May 3, Southern Caribbean. Was the seafood buffet on Sailaway Day? Also, have you posted your review yet?

Thanks, Deb

Seafood buffet (lobster claws, crab legs, shrimp, etc) was available on formal nights (Monday and Friday). It is interesting that they no longer call them seafood buffets or extravaganzas anymore. Simply called welcome buffet and gala buffet. Seemed liked there was less seafood than last year on the Crown.

I will be posting my complete review later today.

I guess you should try RCCL and let us know how it goes;)

I have sailed on RC...:rolleyes:..;)..:D

I don't want to hijack this thread ;) but.....

we found the food on RC wasn't appealing as on Princess.

Nothing Wowed me.

On my first Princess cruise, I was floored by the huge lobster,

succulent king crab legs, the caviar dishes, the exotic soups and salads.

Which totally impressed me.

I have sailed on RC...:rolleyes:..;)..:D

I don't want to hijack this thread ;) but.....

we found the food on RC wasn't appealing as on Princess.

Nothing Wowed me.

On my first Princess cruise, I was floored by the huge lobster,

succulent king crab legs, the caviar dishes, the exotic soups and salads.

Which totally impressed me.

I have been on one Princess cruise and several on RCL. I never saw huge lobster, or any of the other stuff you mention. Maybe thats only on certain itinerarys. Anyway the food on both lines I felt was about equal.

We just returned on the 3/22 itinerary.

We loved our cruise but noticed the cost cutting in the dining room. For example, gone were the two lobster tails on the final formal night--replaced by one tail and two prawns. No matter, we just ordered a second plate later!

Ask nicely for what you'd like--they are very amenable--I had a plate of fresh, steamed veggies with every dinner (because I didn't want any carbs).

We also did Chef's Table-- It was AMAZING! Gave me a real appreciation for preparing dinner for 4500 daily!

Im not sure where to right this, so I guess Ill stick it in here...

I was on the Caribbean princess on the March 8 trip and had a great time.

My one disappointment was that I booked before the drydock time when the old floor maps were online.

As such, I got on board expecting mini golf, shuffle board, a large library and a card room....and found that all of them had been removed.

It was very disappointing to see so many entertainment options removed for the stupid sanctuary. Yes, I found other entertainment, but the bait and switch was unpleasant. Princess should have posted the floor plans much earlier.

Again, this was the only disappointment. My AC was fine, the rocking was ok (although unexpected, about the same as the Royal princess which is much smaller) and the staff was great.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

What time did the cruise depart San Juan? We are on that cruise on May 3rd and I see the departure is 11PM! I saw on one thread the muster is at 8pm. What's the best way of handling this, since we have anytime dining? Was there a sail away party where you could eat very casually after the muster, or were some people eating early and others going to the muster dressed for dinner? If there is a sail away, what time does it start? Thanks.

Hi! We're on the same sailing and we have a fantastic Roll Call! Why don't you come over and join us?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=729912

Thanks, Deb

Deb:

My review is now posted under the member review section. It is listed under 2008 and 2009 Southern Caribbean. Hope you enjoy.

Im not sure where to right this, so I guess Ill stick it in here...

I was on the Caribbean princess on the March 8 trip and had a great time.

My one disappointment was that I booked before the drydock time when the old floor maps were online.

As such, I got on board expecting mini golf, shuffle board, a large library and a card room....and found that all of them had been removed.

It was very disappointing to see so many entertainment options removed for the stupid sanctuary. Yes, I found other entertainment, but the bait and switch was unpleasant. Princess should have posted the floor plans much earlier.

Again, this was the only disappointment. My AC was fine, the rocking was ok (although unexpected, about the same as the Royal princess which is much smaller) and the staff was great.

From what I heard the mini-golf is still there, just in another location. I will attempt to find it next week.

From what I heard the mini-golf is still there, just in another location. I will attempt to find it next week.

It definitely wasnt there for my sailing.

I looked everywhere, AND asked various people (random crew and front desk).

Also interesting is that the most common answer was "I dont know, Im not sure what they changed last month".

The virtual golf however, is still on board.

Archived