Helicopter / Dogsled

ruecatt

My family will be going to Alaska on June 6, We are currently signed up for the helicopter/dogsledding excursion in Juneau (RCCL), but I have heard this excursions are often cancelled. Does this happen a lot in June? Should I consider a different excursion?

We did this excusion in Skagway. It was awesome. I have heard that they have to cancel sometimes because of the weather. No way to tell what the weather will be like ahead of time. We were lucky that it didn't happen to us. It was one of my favorite excursions of all times. I hope you are able to do it.

Always have back up plans. This is the most canceled of tours, with Skagway just slightly less frequently. There is NO WAY TO PREDICT, so in my opinion, don't even try.

IF this is a tour you wish to take, then continue with your booking.

But also KNOW what else is available, and have phone numbers, if that is something that needs phone call arrangements. Also, figure out in advance, if, you are going to consider going on a regular glacier helicopter landing IF offered. You may not have a lot of time to decide.

Archived